Back to normal?

'Promise me one thing.' 'Promise you anything.' 'That you'll be by my side, forever and always.' 'I'm sorry, darling, but that's something I can't promise. Because it's not gonna end up well for either of us.'

(These lines are from a song I've written. I may post the entire lyrics in one of the upcoming chapters. Please comment and give me your views!).

Peter's POV-

(y/n) and I made a silent walk to her house. Unlike the night she had walked me to my apartment, the air surrounding us held comfort and lightness. We kept walking, hands intertwined, until we stood by her front door.

She hesitated a minute, glancing at me. At my encouraging smile, she pressed the bell and waited, squeezing my hand in hers. I squeezed back gently and let go as soon as her uncle opened the door.

He looked a mess. Hair all disheveled, bloodshot eyes gazing intently at the two of us. A bottle of beer was clutched in his right hand. His hold wasn't firm enough and I feared that he might drop it any minute. So, to save (y/n) from the pain of clearing up the mess, I snatched the bottle from his grasp, not finding it too difficult as my suspicions came to light.

Without saying anything, Liam stumbled forward and wrapped his arms around (y/n), burying his face in the crook of her neck. Her body responded immediately, circling her arms around his waist and pulling him closer to her, her tears dripping down the black shirt he wore.

I, on the other hand, just stood there, admiring the outbreak of emotions shared between two family members. Suddenly, I remembered May and pulled out my phone, typing her a quick message:

I miss you, May. Be safe and come back home soon.

Clicking my phone shut, I stuffed it back in my jacket pocket, looking up at the two. They had pulled away from each other, but (y/n) held onto his arm to support his wasted form from collapsing.

Liam took me by surprise by pulling me in for a group hug, (y/n) gazing up at me and smiling. The three of us stayed like that for sometime, until I heard Liam say,

"Let's get inside and have a blast!"

(y/n) and I looked at each other, bright smiles plastered on both our faces. We nodded, gazes never leaving, and followed Liam inside.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The next day-

(y/n)'s POV-

I wasn't willing to go to school today, for the fear of Ned and MJ. I didn't want them to know about the nightmare and the 'little' act I had performed during lunch yesterday. Peter had promised me not to mention anything about yesterday and he had offered me a walk with him to the bus stand.

I brushed my teeth and stepped into the shower cubicle, turning on the shower and letting the cold water cascade down my burning form. I walked out of the bathroom and towards my closet, opening it and peering inside, debating on what to wear.

I wanted to dress up extra special today, the reason being Peter. He had been so protective and loving yesterday that I couldn't help, but want to pay him back with just as much love and care as he had shown to me.

Shuffling through my clothes, I finally spotted the ideal outfit and pulled it out, throwing it on my bed. I admired the outfit for a minute: a grey spaghetti crop top with sky blue jeans and a combination checked shirt of white, black and red.

 I admired the outfit for a minute: a grey spaghetti crop top with sky blue jeans and a combination checked shirt of white, black and red