An uninvited guest

Uninvited guests like you should stay where you belong-far, far, far away from me.

3rd Person POV-

(y/n) was discharged from the Hospital two days later, but the doctor had suggested they keep Liam in for a little longer, just to make sure he made a full recovery. 

Peter, since he was the one who had called the ambulance and had signed the admission papers, was required to fill in (y/n)'s discharge papers, which he did.

He had come to the Hospital, filled in all the required areas and had left without saying anything to (y/n). He had, however, gone to check on Liam whom he had started considering his late uncle Ben.

"Is (y/n) okay?" Was the first question Peter was asked when he had taken a seat across from Liam's bed.

The bleeding had stopped and he looked less paler now than before: all thanks to Peter and his blood!

He wore a white shirt and pants the similar colour, but for navy blue polkas scattered along the legs.

"Yeah, she's-she's perfect. Got discharged today. Taking her home," Peter looked down at his entwined hands.

"Peter," Liam's voice brought the teen to look him in the eye.

"I know something's up with you two. I don't know what it is, but, nonetheless, I want the both of you to stay together and support each other. Be there for the other when need arises."

Peter just looked at the man that lay before him, eyes clouding with tears.

He nodded slowly, unsure, then nodded again.

"Promise me Peter."

"Uh-what?"

"Promise me you'll take care of her no matter how much she hurt you. Promise me that you'll protect her and yourself."

Liam reached out to take Peter's hand in his, holding it with such firmness that Peter couldn't argue against the point.

"Say it, Pete."

"Yes. Yes I'll take care of her and protect her no matter whatever happened between us."

Liam shot him a wide smile, patting him on the shoulder.

"Goodbye, Liam. I'll bring (y/n) to visit tomorrow."

Peter walked to the door, opened it and closed it behind him; walking down towards the main hall where (y/n) was waiting for him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(y/n)'s POV-

Peter and I didn't talk on the walk back to my place. 

The Hospital was 20 minutes from my place, by walking, but I could reach there in 10 if I cycled down or took a cab.

As we neared the front walk, Peter grabbed my arm, stopping me.

I turned to face him, not with anger or rage, but with a tiny hint of guilt in my eyes.

Okay maybe, it was more than just a tiny bit.

"Bye then. I'll-uh-see you tomorrow at the bus stand. Take care." That was all he said, before he turned around and started walking down the street towards his house.

I stood there, slightly hurt because his first words to me after our fight were so simple and...blank. I let the tears escape and slide down my cheeks, not bothering swiping them away, and began walking down the walk front towards my house.

I stepped onto the porch, the tears never willing to stop, and fished in my backpack for my house keys. Taking them out, I put them in the lock and turn, opening the door.

As I step inside, memories of what had happened that day flash back to me: so many unanswered questions left for me to solve. 

I close the door behind me, leaning against it and taking in a deep breath. 

Peter couldn't have just said those words and left without saying anything more. He wasn't like that and, even though he tried feigning the nonchalance, I could sense the hurt radiating off of him. It was like we were two different individuals sharing the same soul; one could tell what the other was really feeling.

Oh God, (y/n)! You sound like one of those stupid old couples talking about true love to their messed up teenage grandchildren!

I shook my head, wiping the tears with the end of the sleeve of my sweater, and walked further into the house. I drop my bag on the couch and fling myself on in, nuzzling myself in the warmth provided by the pillows.

They smelled so much like uncle Liam. I missed him already. Despite my constant pleas, the doctors hadn't allowed me to meet him on my stay, saying that instant familial contacts may cause mental disruption as he was already suffering with psychotic  disorders.

I hadn't argued much after, knowing that he was alright and not wanting to cause him further trouble or disturbance. But Peter got to meet him. How unfair.

My head sprang up at the sudden ringing of the doorbell. How odd. Who would come at this time of day to my house? Ned and MJ probably knew I was gonna get discharged today, but they would text instead of just showing up. Maybe they had planned a welcome surprise? I didn't know, but that didn't let my curiosity get the better of me.

I made my way to the front door, opening it, ready for a big 'surprise!'. But even before I could comprehend whatever was going on, I felt something hard hit me in the head and then all that surrounded me was darkness.