Chapter 25

Coming back from Rhode Island to London was nice. I loved all of the celebrations and what not but I was ready to get back into the grind of life.

I was sitting in Archie's study doing things for work while he worked as well.

"What should we have for dinner?" he asked me

I looked up from my computer, "I've been craving potatoes."

"Steak and potatoes?" Archie proposed

I nodded, "Oh, yes. I could really go for that right about now."

"Tell me when you're finished and we can sneak to the grocery store." Archie told me

"I just have to send two more emails and then we can go." I responded

Going to the grocery store was kind of like a game for Archie and I. We had special wigs and outfits we would wear so no one could know who we were.

He always dressed like an old man and it was hilarious to me.

"Do we need anything else?" Archie asked me as we walked through the store

"Nope." I looked in our cart, "We got our dinner, breakfast, movie night snacks, I think we're all set."

Archie rubbed my back, "I think so too."

We checked out and headed back home. We changed out of our disguises and began to cook our dinner.

He looked really good grilling those steaks.

"I love watching you cook." I laughed, "You get super serious about it. It's so cute."

Archie looked up, "It's because you're so picky about your steak."

"You always make them just right and I love you for that." I beamed

I cooked the potatoes while Archie focused on his steak. When our dinner was ready we sat outside while we ate dinner.

"Should I go to law school?" Archie asked me for my opinion

"You can never have too many degrees, right?" I asked him

He nodded, "I kinda wanna have it, you know, just in case."

"What would happen, Arch? I think you're pretty good for life." I proceeded to ask him

Archie shrugged, "Lots of think are unpredictable. The apocalypse could happen."

"It's probably not though." I reminded him, "I do think it would be good to have."

"Exactly. I'm not sure though, I need to sleep on it more." Archie decided as he put his plate down on the table, "What movie should we watch tonight?"

I stood up from my chair, "How about you find something while I go shower? I'll wash dishes when I'm done."

Arche gave me a small nod, "Alright, don't take too long."

"I make no promises." I said before going into the house and going up the stairs

I took a shower, shaved, did my skincare routine, and put on a black satin cami pajama top with matching satin shorts. Archie got me this pajama set for Valentine's Day one year and it was one of my favorites.

When I walked downstairs into the living room there was my favorite chocolate - white chocolate Reese's - and a dozen roses sitting on the end table.

I looked over at what Archie was doing. He'd rearranged the living room with sheets. He was doing something that I hadn't done since I was a young child.