Chapter 29

The moment we wrapped up our wedding rehearsal in arguably one of the most beautiful churches in the world, everything started to hit me.

Holy shit! I'm getting married to a fucking prince.

Twenty years could go by and I still would be in shock about it.

Archie held my hand as we walked out of the church with security surrounding us. There was a crowd of people cheering and clapping as we got into a car to head back to the palace for dinner.

He squeezed my hand, "It's all starting to hit me."

"Just wait until tomorrow." I grinned

The moment my eyes opened on April twenty-fourth everything hit me at once.

I was getting married.

To the prince. The guy I met at a club.

My wedding was being shown on television to people around the world.

Today would start my lifelong commitment not only to Archie but to an entire country.

Aubrey looked at me as we both laid in the bed. We had a sleepover last night since I couldn't see Archie the day of and just because. We were staying in a hotel that was only a mile away from Westminster Abbey.

"Today is the day." I said in realization as I rubbed my eyes, "And it's very early."

Aubrey stretched her arms, "It is very early, but we could probably get up so we can start getting ready."

I got up to get ready and put on a white satin robe that had 'bride' embroidered on the back. I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath.

Everything is going to go well.

My whole family was staying at the hotel but in my suite was my makeup artist, stylist, my Mom, Ruth, Annie, and plus my pageboys and bridesmaids - which were children.

"There is the future princess!" Annie clapped as I walked into the living room that had a small breakfast buffet set up

I smiled, "I'm very excited and nervous."

"Just take a deep breath, everything is planned down to the wire it will be fine." my mom advised me

I wasn't even hungry but I knew that I needed to eat. So I got some fruit, a bagel, and some orange juice. The stylist painted my toenails the same pinkish-nude color that was on my fingernails while I ate.

Ruth reminded me of how the ceremony would go while my makeup artist did my makeup. We were going for a soft glam that was still natural and dewy. I loved the way it looked. It wasn't too much or too little.

For my hair, I was getting it done half up and half down. The stylist also put loose curls in my hair which gave it a nice effect. I couldn't wait to see how it looked with the crown and veil.

"When should we put the crown on?" Ruth asked as she motioned toward the glass container with Frances' crown

"I think we should wait until the dress is on and everything. I want to somewhat sew it into her hair and the veil so it doesn't fall out because if it falls out that could be bad." the stylist answered her question

Annie nodded, "Good thinking."

My something old was my Mom's dangly diamond earrings that she wore for her wedding day, something new was my dress/veil/shoes, something borrowed was Frances' crown, and something blue was my garter/panties.

I looked at the dress through the bag, "It came out so gorgeous."

"Yes and because of you that young man's name and brand is going to get out there and become big." my Mom spoke as she gently took it out the bag