Chapter 27

Since I'd become the fiancée of the prince of England, life kinda sped up yet slowed down at the same time. Two days after our engagement hit the new, I quit my job. It was kind of hard. It was my one stable thing in my life and now it was gone.

My co-workers did throw me a 'Going to the Throne' party instead of a going-away party.

Every night before bed, Archie and I would try to read a page of his mother's journal. It was fun and interesting to see what his childhood was like from her perspective. 

She had a stack full and sometimes when I was bored I would peak through them.

Today was the day that we were designing my wedding dress. I wasn't too happy to find out that Archie's aunt that gave me a weird vibe was on the dress committee but I was happy that his sisters and Annie, his mother's sister were.

I sat on the counter of our bathroom reading Frances' journal that was written not too long after Alexandra was born.

I love all four of my children equally but I see myself the most in my dear Archie. He has a tough exterior but a soft interior, he is passionate, determined, stubborn, and headstrong. The older he gets the more I worry about him. Why? The older he gets the more he and Winston butt heads. Winston and his mother are so hard on Archie, I think they forget he is just a child sometimes. Frequently do I worry about Archie's wellbeing. Winston talks about beating him into shape or how he wishes that the girls would have been boys so he could have a 'proper son'. I feel helpless and almost like I'm the only parent he can turn to. It worries me if something were to happen to me. 

Damn.

What if she didn't really have breast cancer? Or was that just a crazy thought?

"What's that one about?" Archie asked me as he walked into the bathroom

I closed the journal, "Just about how she saw a lot of herself in you. Shouldn't you have been at the palace a while ago?"

"I still have ten minutes or so." he looked down at her watch, "I better get going. Are you excited for today?"

I nodded, "I just hope no one butts heads too much. Your Aunt Annie is going to be there."

His face lit up, "That's amazing. I just hope that you guys can agree on something today because it's already mid-September and April is going to come really quickly."

"I know. Guess what? Peyton's pregnant so her attendance for the wedding to TBD." I enformed Archie

"Damn I guess they had a little too much fun on the honeymoon." Archie laughed, "If she can't come to this one at least we have the one in California."

"I know, but this one is kind of a once in a lifetime experience." I frowned, "I want her to be here."

He rubbed my back, "Don't worry I'm sure it'll work out. Plus it'll be on TV."

I got down from the counter, "You're right and late, you should get going."

Archie gave me a kiss, "I love you and I'll see you later."

"I love you more. Have fun." I told him before he walked out of the bathroom

I put on a light blue shift dress that had mesh short sleeves with lace embroidery. I paired the dress with nude heels and quickly did a light makeup look.