Prisoner of fate -- Chapter 1

White stripes: This is it, my only chance at doing something with my life, if I can get lucky enough, if I have that 1 in 50,000 luck, my life can finally change. 'The man would be mumbling to himself, clutching an unused scratch card in his fingers'. It all comes down to this... 'The man would grab a coin from his pocket and slowly scratch the card, all he needed was 3 six's and then he would be able to change his future' Six... Six?... 'The man would stare at the card , a smile sweeping across his face' ... 'He'd go silent, and his expression would change instantly' ...three... Welp... back to being worthless old me I guess.

'A voice would shout out to the man from the road behind him. A man in a large, magenta suit and top hat would be standing there under an umbrella.'

???: Excuse me sir, did you just say there is "nothing for you to do with your life" and "I'm back to being worthless"?

White stripes: Uhh... yeah? who wants to know?

???: I can help you solve this problem, if you wish?

White stripes: What? You can change MY life? How? When?

???: I can change it right now, if you agree to something.

White stripes: What do I need to do? 'White stripes would look with slight discomfort'

???: Take this and breathe through it. 'The stranger would hold a strange device up to him'

White stripes: What is that? a breathalyzer? I'm not a drinker if that is what you are insinuating.

???: No, it isn't a breathalyzer, nor am I saying you drink, this is something to check for supernatural energy in human beings.

White stripes: The hell is that meant to mean?

???: It means I can check if you have a super power.

White stripes: Okay that's kinda- WAIT WHAT?! SUPERPOWERS?! Don't make me laugh! I don't have time for jokes like that!

???: 'The stranger would look him square in the face and, in a very serious tone, say:' I'm not joking sir. This is some of the most serious I have been with someone ever.

White stripes: Uh... Well if it really CAN change my life... Then what do I have to lose?

???: Well that was an unexpectedly positive reaction. Most people would instantly turn me down. You seem to have more common sense than them.

White stripes: Thanks? 'The man would take the device and breathe through it about 5 times'

???: 'The stranger would take it back and his expression would change to one of interest' Congratulations, you have a manifested ability. You are fit to join my team.

White stripes: Hell yeah! Finally I can do something-

???: I must warn you though... 'The stranger would look at him and tell him something in the same serious tone as before' You will not be working for good, you will join me... And become a super villain.

White stripes: 'White stripes' face would change' wha... So let me get this straight... YOU, want ME, to become a VILLAIN.

???: More or less... Or would you rather go back to the life you regarded as "Useless"?

White stripes: No... 

???: Well then, tell me your name and we can get started.