Truth Seeker

Before you read the story. I want to say that the idea of this one shot is not mine, I read it on an Instagram post and I decided to continue it. Credits to whoever owes it.

    Kara walked into Lena's office

    Kara walked into Lena's office. She was trying to be strong, not to break but it was hard. Everytime she hears her name or sees her... she remembers that she broke Lena's heart and she betrayed her.

    'What do you want?' Asked Lena seriously. Kara kept walking in without saying a word, she slammed metal box on her pristine white desk, opened it and she let a truth seeker attach to her arm.

    'Ask me anything' said the kryptonian. Lena was confused. Supergirl or Kara, the liar was standing in front of her ready to tell the truth.

    'Why would I want to know why you betrayed me? It doesn't change anything' Lena tried to stay neutral but all of her emotionsgood and bad were fighting hard to come out.

    'Because... I never wanted to betray you but I wasn't brave enough to tell you. I was scared of losing you', tears started coming out of Kara's eyes. 'So please, ask me anything. I might not get you back but at least you'd know the truth'.

    'Alright...' Lena stopped for a moment. She needed to think what to say so she didn't make any mistakes. 'Why did you pretend to be my friend and then hurt me? What were you trying to do? Besides proving that I'm a fool'

    'I never wanted you to feel like you were a fool. But every single time I saw you this... fear would appear telling me no to tell you, telling me that I would lose you. When I lost Mon-El, you were the only one who could make me smile. And I didn't want to lose anyone else I love...'

    'Bullshit' said Lena.

    'You know it's not' answered Kara. 'You know I'm telling the truth.'

    'You must have done something to be able to lie even with the truth seeker attached to your arm.' Lena knew that if Kara was telling the truth, she didn't want to hurt her.

    'Remember when Lex was training Red Daughter? She came to National City, broke into my apartment and read my journal' Kara paused. Even with a truth seeker it was hard to tell the truth. 'She came to see you, you know why?'

    'I umm... I don't know Lena was trying not to open up but the love she felt for Kara could beat anything.

    'She loved you.' Kara looked at Lena in the eye, she had to face it once and for all 'She fell in love with you just by reading my journal. The way I talked about you made her come to visit you even thought it could have ruined Lex's mission. Red Daughter technically, was a copy of myself and it made me realize that it doesn't matter what version of myself I am or what universe we live in... I will always fall in love with you.'

    'No you don't,' said Lena, who was already crying, 'no you don't because if you loved me you would have never betrayed me.'

     'That's the hardest part... I have to wake up everyday knowing that I hurted the person I wanted to protect always.' Kara paused 'For a really long time I thought that the only thing that could make me vulnerable was Kryptonite... and then I met you and you made me feel human. Being away from you has been the hardest thing I've ever done and know... opening up like this is hard to, but I want to do it, because I owe it to you. That's why I brought this' Kara handed her journal to Lena ' From the day I met you until now, this journal has everything I felt everyday when I saw you, and there are no lies, because I thought that I would keep this for myself and no one was going to ever read it so why would I lie to myself?' Kara sat on the couch hoping Lena would follow her 'I miss you and I'm so sorry for what I did to you... Please, sit with me.' She said with sadness in her voice.

    'I don't know what to say...' Lena listened to Kara and sat by her side 'I'm sorry to... I've been mean to you and although I didn't deserve what you did to me you didn't deserve what I did to you...' Lena couldn't take it anymore and broke into tears 'I thi I think I need a hug.' Kara instantly put her arm around the love of her life and pulled her closer 'Kara?'

    'Yes?'

    'Take that thing off, you don't need it.' Lena smiled shyly 'I trust you and... I just want my girl back...' They both smiled to each other as the Truth Seeker went back to his cage, Lena swallowed hard and said 'I love you. I always have, no matter what happened between us or how hot Supergirl turned out to be which was you...' 

    'I love you too Lena' Kara got closer and closer to her until their lips met in an awaited kiss.