Chapter One

Flashback

Gillian could not believe that today marks her twentieth birthday. Indeed she has turned twenty today with no hope of getting a wish or a prayer from anyone. Life is what has made her, really? Has life made her? Well we all like the blame game, blame someone for a misfortune so you can feel a little good with yourself.

Gillian was born into a well-to-do family, her parents had their own empire to run. Life was going on well for them, two house-helps with one distant cousin at least she was better than some of her peers. Speaking of her peers, comes another full story which can be role played on stage as big as the Conference Center with full capacity.

Mom and Dad didn't have it easy as kids in their generation so tried everything possible to make life better for their three children. Kevin was the eldest and was accorded that respect, Jaiden the middle born with his peculiar looks and character, Haha
Mom always said he was exchanged in the hospital where she gave birth.

Now you know where I place, the angel in my parents eyes, mommy's little angel and daddy's little princess. Lacked nothing and wanted nothing except God but was not introduced to Him by my parents.

God seem too distant to them and serving Him was something for the poor and lazy people, in their own words "we work very hard to make life better for you" My parents thought they used their strength and had made it that far in life. Well, that much they were sure...

Sundays were our family day out. We stayed out till about 5pm when we come back home to get ourselves ready for the week ahead.