Chapter 5: Under The Stars

Howdy! Sorry for the long wait, I haven't had much inspiration lately but I decided I was gonna crack down and write something.
Enjoy!!!

Your POV.

Dark had finally fallen over the valley, small rustles in the grass made the night seem peaceful and calm. Yet, this couldn't be further from the truth. The tension between The Five and my brother you couldn't cut with an ordinary knife, and that's not to mention the tension between Tigress and I.

The Five walked in front, and you could hear them making passive aggressive jokes about Po's body. To say it angered me was a complete understatement. Monkey made an offhand comment about the fact that my brother couldn't see his toes to which everyone laughed except Tigress. She just stormed ahead, obviously pissed off about earlier. Whether that be because of not being the dragon warrior or what I did, I will probably never know.

A loud thump distracted me from my thoughts, as I look down at my flab of a brother, laying on the ground. I crouch, offering my hand and a small smile. "It's OK. They'll grow to like you, I'm sure of it. They're just jealous that you're the dragon warrior and they aren't."
As Po stands, he smiles back. "Yeah, I suppose you're right!"

Once we reached the top of the stairs where the dorms reside, Po tried sneaking along but ended up falling into Crane's room. Sighing in defeat, I started to follow, dodging the broken plank before a door opened to my left, fiery golden eyes staring at me from the darkness. Tigress.
"You don't belong here. You may be better than your flabby brother, but neither of you should be here at all." Teeth bared slightly in a small snarl, she stood her ground.
"I know I shouldn't be her-"
"Good. And if you have any sense, you and him will be gone from our lives by morning. I don't want to see you again." And with that, the door was shut. No doubt Po will probably have the same talk.

Squeesing my eyes shut and sighing, I exit the dorms, gazing up to the night sky and at the lonesome peach tree. Silent steps in a cold night used to help, but now I don't know what to think. I shouldn't be feeling this way about what she said, but I can't shake the feeling that I need to please her; that I need to get her approval.

Hopefully these feelings will go away.

Tigress POV

For some reason, I can't shake the feeling that I should not have said something so harsh. The way her silvery eyes watered slightly when I said it had me feeling almost.... Guilty? Why is this happening to me?

I lay there pondering after saying the same to Po, yet I don't feel guilty saying it to him. What's so different about her that makes me feel this way. Is it because she's a tiger? Because she's a girl? I'm still not sure myself.

Before the warm embrace of sleep takes me, I think of a way to get rid of these new feelings.

Your POV.

The view from the Sacred Peach Tree Of Heavenly Wisdom at night is really beautiful. Yet, why did they have to make it such a long name? Another one of life's questions, I suppose. Glancing down at the clouds below, a few things were brought back from the brighter times of my childhood. Where I lived in a village, high in the mountains with friends who loved and cared for me. I used to run and play like all of the others, no matter my unusual fur colour.
When I hit 6, everything changed. My parents started arguing, fighting and eventually they turned on me. Shuddering the thought, I run my paw through the fur on my arms.
Now, I have a family and a chance. Whether or not I will take it, I'm not sure. But I'm not going to give it all up again. I can't disappoint Po.

Glancing up, the sun was starting to cast brilliant yellows and pinks over the valley, and the clouds were turning from silver to gold. "I better head to the training yard to start practicing, or who knows what the midget panda will do to me."