Whatcha staring at?

Part 2

Part 2

After school and work I drove back to the Curtis house. I walked in, not caring to knock. Surprisingly Dallas was the only one home. He was smoking on the couch watching TV.

"Hey Dallas, ya know you shouldn't be smoking in the house." I smirked at him, kicking off my shoes and getting a drink of water. He stares at me when I walk back to the couch, "whatcha staring at?" I questioned.

"An annoying brat." He said dryly, taking a drag from his cigarette. I looked at him making a face, "Are you agitated, my work here is done." I laugh as he just shakes his head. We continued to watch TV until I started to drift off into sleep, it was around only around 4pm when I dozed off.

///

"Aww look how cute" "Darry look at them" "Where is my camera" I heard these voices around me when I started to wake up. I saw a flash of light in front of me. When I opened my eyes I saw the whole gang staring at Dallas and I on the couch. My head was on his shoulder, as he was passed out still with all this commotion. I looked around and saw Darry with a camera.

"What are you doing with a camera?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes in attempt to wake up a little. I shook Dallas awake, which he was not happy with.

"Capturing the moment of you two getting along." Darry snorted, the whole gang was giggling. Yes, giggling like little girls. I playfully pushed Soda, which turning into a full on wrestling match between us. I won.

I'm a very strong girl, I mean I don't like fighting and rumbles, but I do like some sports. I'm not your typical greaser girl. I actually work and I don't wear crazy revealing cloths. I smoke a little, but only to look tuff. I also drink occasionally, I've only got blackout drunk twice. I try in school, unlike most greasers, I have good grades for the most part. I mean I do skip every once in awhile, but I can't afford college without a scholarship.

Later in the evening, Soda, Steve and I were playing cards, Darry was cooking dinner in the kitchen, Two-Bit was on the floor watch Mickey Mouse. Surprise surprise. Pony was just reading a book, and Dallas was outside smoking with Johnny. It was just a normal night in the Curtis house.

"Can anyone run out and get me milk?" Darry walked into the living room. I nodded and took the money from Darry's hand and headed out the door.

The closest store was about a 5 minute walk. I looked up at the sky, the sun was setting, almost gone. Man Pony would have loved this, he really digs sunsets. I watch as the final ray of light disappeared from the sky. By that time I was already at the store.

I quickly payed for a carton of milk and was on my way back. I took a deep breath when I heard the infamous roar of a mustang approach behind me. The car had already came to a stop before I could react. I reached for my switch, only to realize it wasn't in my pocket.

"Hello Juliette." Bob smirked, looking my body up and down. We have a past Bob and I, we dated for awhile until he thought I was cheating on him with Sodapop. Our relationship lasted 2 days, other than that I've only dated one other guy, and that didn't end well either. "What's your deal Bob?" I cut right to the chase.

"Still sleeping around with that Curtis boy? Or have you moved on to another member of your little disgusting greaser gang?" He look at me, knowing he got under my skin. He knew I hated when people insulted my friends. I simply stared at him, I didn't want to feed into his little mind games.

I felt the Socs get closer towards me, they circled me. I took a second to count that their were 6 of them. Before I could look back to Bob I felt a hard punch on my head. Then everything went black.

Third Person

The gang sat in the warm Curtis house, completely unaware of what was happening to Juliette. The Socs finally got bored of punching her, left her bruised and bloody on the cold pavement. They had beaten her worse than Johnny, she looked fragile and almost dead.

30 minutes had passed since Juliette left for the simply carton of milk. Nobody questioned it until Steve spoke up, "How long has Jules been gone for?" The whole gang looked up, they all had worried looks on their faces. The knew she must have been hurt, without a word the boys jumped up and out of the house.

They rushed around the neighborhood, then they saw her from a distance. Her silhouette was still, lying on the ground. Ponyboy reaches her first, followed by each member of the gang.

Darry quickly took action, picking her up and speed walking toward the house. He was gentle with Juliette, careful not to hurt any wounds. Ponyboy and Johnny looked scared outta their minds. Both of the had been badly jumped once or twice. Steve and Sodapop looked the most upset, it was like their baby sister got hurt. Even though Julie was older. Two-Bit just seem worried. He wasn't cracking any jokes, mostly just stay silent. Only talked a couple times.

And Dallas. Dallas was just being his stubborn self. His eyes flashed with anger, a cold expression on his face. He didn't say anything on the short walk home, not one word. Nobody knew why, not even Dallas knew why.