Lets Go Vistit Andrew

One Week Later

One Week Later...

I threw my backpack on the ground as I headed through the door of the Curtis house. I was coming from a grueling day of work and school. It was loud per usual in the house, laughing and yelling came from the dining room.

"I'm back!" I shouted over the commotion, taking off my DX shirt. Leaving me in just a sports bra and shorts, it was hot as balls inside. I wandered to the kitchen for a glass of water and saw most of the boys playing cards.

Soda and Steve, who were let off early from work today, were arm wrestling, probably fighting over who won in cards. Two Bit was seated, slouched over his cards, telling a joke which Johnny was laughing at. And to my surprise, Dallas had a wad of cards in his hand, I hadn't seen him much in the past week. He had been avoiding me since that morning after my date.

Dallas had a cigarette dangling from his mouth, he was smiling his rare smile. Leaning back in his car, he caught a glimpse of me, and smirked.

"Hey Juliette, whatcha up to?" Sodapop dragged me out of my thoughts.

I pulled out a chair to sit on, "nothing much, boring day though. Where's the kid?" I jeered, meaning Ponyboy. I hadn't seen him yet, I know Darrys at work, but I thought he would be home.

"He at an old stupid movie." Dallas insulted, taking a drag of his cigarette. I could smell the smoke being blown in the air.

"Don't be rude Dallas." I defended, he rolled his eyes. "Deal me in next game." I said to no one in particular.

"Don't be rude Dallas!" He quietly mocked in a high pitched tone. I heard the boys chuckle.

"Oh shut it." I snapped, turning to Johnny, "how was your day Johns?"

"I got a 100 on my math exam." He smiled, I looked up at him, smiling too.

"Well that's great Johnny! I knew you could do it." I was very happy, Johnny came back from school a couple days ago and told me that he was going to be held back if he didn't get his math grade up. So I tutored him all night for a couple days. Glad his hard work payed off.

"Looks like we got another nerd in the house!" Two joked, nudging Johnny. I gave him a look that read lay off, he quietly chuckled at his own joke.

"What's the plan for tonight?" Steve asked, sealing out some cards.

"There's a party down at Bucks later." Dallas offered, "bet their be live music."