Go Rot in Hell

The next morning

The next morning

I woke up with a pounding in my head, barely remembering the night before. I cracked opened my eyes to find my head was placed in Johnnys lap as he played with my hair.

"Moutherfucker." I grumbled softly, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning Jules, you had a fun night last night huh?" He chuckled, I stood up from the couch. Making my way to the medicine cabinet, and continued to talk to Johnny.

"Ha ha very funny. Where is the gang?"

"Darry and Pony are getting groceries, I think Steve, Soda and Two are doing something. I'm not sure what, and you know Dally. He dropped you off last night and bolted." He answered, I cocked my head in confusion.

"Why did Dally take me home?"

"Well you were hammered," he laughed, "I guess some guy tried force you upstairs and that's when Dal found ya and took you home. You guys left before us and we got home before you. Where did y'all go?" I thought for a minute, no really knowing the answer. I shrugged my shoulders and made my way back to the couch. I glanced at the clock it was round 2 in the afternoon.

Johnny and I stared at the TV until Pony and Darry opened the door. Ponyboy was blabbering about some movie, bags of food in his hand.

"Pony you are making my head spin." I complained, putting my hand to my aching head. Pony chuckled and went to put the groceries away.

Darry came up to me, "Well good morning Julie, when did you wake?" He said handing me some more water.

"Eh maybe ten minute ago." I took a sip of water.

"How is your head feeling?" He asked, I shrugged, closing my eyes again, "well I think the gang is have a grill out tonight."

"That sounds fun, we having burgers?" I guessed, we normally have them on grill night. He gave me a small nod and went back to the kitchen to help Pony.

Time passed and Darry and I started on our early dinner. The whole gang was here now, Soda and Steve were arm wrestling in the dining room. Two seem to be fixated on the TV while Ponyboy and Johnny were simply talking on the couch. And for Dallas, he was outside smoking a cigarette. He seem a little off today, like something was on his mind.

Darrys words pulled me out of my thoughts, "how are the fries going?"

"Good, I'm bout' to throw them into the fryer."