What If You Fall Out Of Love With Me?

Smut warning, again.

"Fuck, Stef. How'd you think I'd react to this?", you semi-whispered, looking at your girlfriend as she tried to stammer an appropriate response.

"I don't know, but calm down. It's not like-"

"No! You don't get to tell me to calm down! You're gonna be with some guy every second of every day!", you yelled, tears welling in your eyes.

"It isn't my fault! It's my label! Why are you being so difficult?", Stefani yelled back, feeding off of your energy.

That sure as hell wasn't what you wanted to hear.

"Difficult? I could ask you the same question! Feelings develop, Stef!", you said, backing away from her every time she tried to get closer to you.

"ARE YOU SUGGESTING I'LL CHEAT ON SOME GUY FOR PRESS? IT'S NOT LIKE I'LL BE FUCKING HIM WHEN THE CAMERAS TURN OFF.", she screamed at you. "WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?"

She's never raised her voice like that before, especially at you.

"NOBODY WILL FUCKING KNOW THAT. WHILE YOU'RE TOURING ACROSS THE WORLD AT TAKING PICTURES AND HOLDING HANDS OR WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT, I'LL BE HERE. ALONE. IT'S ME, YOUR GIRLFRIEND. OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT ALREADY? I'M THE BIG DEAL, STEF. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT?", you screamed, running into the bedroom and slamming the door behind you.

You ran to the bed and sat at the edge, using a pillow against your face to supress your tears. A small part of you hoped that she'd come into the room, but the other part didn't want to see her face at all. Has she already decided that her career was important that the way you feel?

Those tears began to flow down your face faster than ever.

You knew you were overreacting, but maybe you weren't? Your mind just couldn't handle all the stress. Your girlfriend would soon be flaunting around someone everywhere she went, and it hurt like hell knowing that it wouldn't be you holding her hand or kissing her in front of millions.

You cried for about 10 minutes straight before falling asleep in one of her t-shirts, her scent still lingering from the night before.

***

Stefani walked over to the closed door after a while, hoping you'd calmed down and would be ready to talk. She'd thought of a million things to say to you while sitting on the couch for a good 2 hours, and none of them seemed right. This was officially your first argument, and she didn't know how to feel. She was never really good at handling fights - especially with people she'd loved the most.

She paused before opening the door, her hand against the handle. She was honestly scared at what would happen if she decided to enter the room. She prayed that you weren't crying. God knows she wouldn't know what to do with herself knowing she'd made you cry.

She pushed those thoughts aside and opened the door to the bedroom the both of you shared.

She walked over to the bed, trying not to cry herself as she noticed her t-shirt against your chest and tears staining the pillow you fell asleep on.

You heard her make her way to the other side of the bed and climb in. She placed one arm under your head and the other on your waist. She then gently kissed your cheek.

Maybe you were upset at her right now, but god, did you miss her touch. The thought of her touching someone else like that was enough to make you tear up all over again. You responded almost immediately, leaning into her chest and allowing her to spoon you.

"I thought of so many things to tell you, sweet girl. But here and now, I can't remember any of them.", she sighed, hoping you were awake to hear her voice.