How's Mrs. Germanotta?

(Another request! Well, actually, two, merged into one. Enjoy!)

It was about 9 at night, and your girlfriend just got back from the studio. You were quick to notice her mood, and how she was less energetic than usual. As soon as she kissed you and apologized for not being home sooner, she sat on the couch and hadn't looked up from her phone since. With worried eyes, it was obvious how stressed she felt.

Her body even felt tense, which was never a good sign. You stood behind the counter behind where she was, and thought about what you could do. You were sure she wouldn't appreciate if you just ignored her, but it was always hard to get her to open up about how she felt.

Stefani was weird like that. She hated not having your attention, but her emotions often prevented her from wanting to talk about things.

You sighed and walked over to the side of the couch where she sat, hoping you'd be able to get her off of her phone for a minute. Her attention quickly shifted as you decided to take out her ponytail and play with her hair a bit. She turned to you, wanting more than just the quick kiss she gave you moments ago. You held her face in your hands and pressed her lips against yours, taking note of how resposive she was. She rubbed her eyes and gave you a half smile before turning around again.

You moved to the opposite side of the couch and sat down next to her, forcing her to put her phone down and turn to you. From what you could see in the dim lit room, her face was flushed a light pink shade from all the makeup she had on earlier in the day. Her lips were also swollen and rosy from product, making them appear even more kissable that usual. Her eyes wondered from the carpet to your body as she remained in her spot, praying you wouldn't catch on to her expression. You could tell how hard she was trying to not look you in the eyes, which only got you more concerned.

Stefani rested her head on your shoulder, closed her eyes, and placed her hand on your thigh. You placed your hand on hers, enjoying how much it perfectly fit your own.

"Are you hungry? There's leftovers from last night in the fridge. I'll go warm it up if you want it."

Maybe eating something would help calm her down.

She shook her head no and leaned her body into yours. You sighed before holding her waist so you could lay in the couch and pull her over to hold her in front of you. She did as expected and turned to face you so her hair wasn't in your face. You took in her scent of Chanel and the feel of her grey sweatshirt, then looked at her full outfit. You smiled as you noticed her boots were still on over her light colored jeans.

"I've been excited to see you all day," you whispered as you used your free hand to move her hair to her shoulders. "How was the shoot?"

She bit her lip before answering.

"It was okay. The outfits were all from the music video, which were pretty annoying to take off and put back on 24/7," she replied monotone, not wanting to talk about it.

You thought for a moment before speaking again. If she wasn't gonna talk about whatever has her upset, you'll just have to get it out of her. You really couldn't handle seeing her in stress like this, especially when she tried to hide it. You've always told her about how she never had to keep how she felt away from you, but Stefani being Stefani, she felt as if it was her job to put on a brave face. You couldn't blame that completely on her, though. You knew how many people have let her down before, in both her career and personal life.

But then again, maybe it wasn't that serious.

"Baby, look at me."

You felt her stop tracing little hearts and stars into your shirt. She took a deep breath, then slowly looked up from your chest with squinted eyes. She looked so adorable, you almost forgot what you wanted to say. Her eyes soon softened into a childlike expression, like she knew what you were going to say but was acting as if she didn't.