Frosting and Vanilla.

You clenched your eyes a little tighter and rest your head above your girlfriend's neck, still listening to her as she explained why she liked chocolate more than vanilla cake. God, she was always so cute-annoying. You really couldn't care less about what she had to say, but she kept going...and going...and going.

"...and I always thought that the dirt taste of chocolate cake was really nasty - ever since I was, like, four, and..."

She looked down at you, her arm around your body as she did so. Her eyes squinted though the lens of the glasses she wore in the house.

"...are you listening to me?"

You decided against looking up from the writing on her bright pink hoodie and nodded your head, in hopes that she'd continue. Sometimes, you really loved to hear her voice when she spoke passionately about the simplest things. 

One of her many, many quirks.

She sad up from the couch and removed her arm from around you, looking back at you as you attempted to pull her back into the position she was in before.

"No you aren't!"

"But I am?"

"Sure. How old was I when I began to dislike chocolate cake?"

She looked into your eyes and laughed as you sat there, still trying to pull her back into the empy space between you and her on the couch. The bright room dimmed a little as you thought of the answer to her question.

"Four. You said you were four."

She smiled.

"Good..." she leaned in for a quick kiss, letting you know she wasn't coming back to lay with you anytime soon. You inched closer as her hand cupped the side of your cheek and you felt her lips on yours. She pulled away after a tiny bite on your lower lip, making you hit her in response.

At that, Asia began barking from the other side of the room.

"I would've finished my sentence if you hadn't hit me!" she said in a whine, rubbing her side and obviously faking how much you really hurt her.

"As far as I know, you deserved that. Don't bite me next time," you replied through tiny giggles while she sat and looked at you with a confused expression on her face.

"And here I am thinking I could do what I please with you?"

"Bedroom, Stefi. Not the couch."

"Let's change that. New rule. Whatever I want, whenever I want. I like that idea."

"I hate it."

"On Chromatica, it's legal."

"Well, maybe I don't wanna live on Chromatica anymore."

"That's not allowed either."

"And what are you going to do about it?"

"Leave you on the couch," she snarked, getting up to check on Asia, still barking.

You could hear her baby voice as she leaned down to comfort her. You got up from the now-cold couch, listening closely.

"You see how she hit mommy like that? That was mean, wasn't it?"

Asia made a low sound and perked her ears, tired of Stef already. You couldn't help but giggle.

"Will you fight her for me, princess? Will you fight her for mommy?"

She laughed as the tiny dog laid back down on her pillow. You could her her softened footsteps as she came up behind you, feeling her breathing on your neck not too long after.

"Are you really upset at me?" she sighed, more of her whiny tone shining through her words. She came around to face you and directly sat on your lap, blocking whatever you were watching from view. You wrapped your arms around her sides and put your head on her shoulder.

"I'll have to think about it," you spoke softly, still teasing.

She turned to straddle you on both sides, her thighs agains your own, and held your face for another kiss. You could feel her smile as she pressed her lips against yours and let herself go at your touch, then pulled away.

Her lips tasted of frosting and vanilla.

"Is there still anything to think about before you forgive me?" she pouted, her hands still on your skin and her grip getting tighter.

"No, I'm over it, but don't you ever leave me on the couch like that again, I missed you," you said, looking into her bright eyes and giving her a tiny smile.

"Well, our daughter was barking? Did you expect me to leave her alone?"

"For someone who wants to be forgiven, you defend yourself quite often."

"Have you met me?" Stefani rolled her eyes in the slightest.

"I really can't win with you, can I?"

"Glad you understand."

She gave you a tiny kiss on the cheek, her lips still warm from the one before. Not getting the reaction she wanted from you, her hands trailed to your neck as she kissed lower the second time. You smiled as she looked up from your neck and pushed you to lay on the couch, moving over so she could lie next to you. Only, your places flipped from before, and you were the one with an arm around her.

Asia's paws clicked against the wooden tile of the kitchen as she made her way to the apparent couch party. Stef lifted her to lie between you and her, stroking her black coat to help her rest again.

"Love you. Very much. Sleepy now. You're very warm," she said, her thoughts rapid as she handed you her glases to put on the table. You placed your other arm around her. 

"One more before I fall asleep?" she murmured, her voice muffled. She lifted her head up to you, eyes still closed.

You kissed her, a smile forming on her lips again.

"Love you more."

...