Lizzie Settles in

Picture above of her food after it has settled.

I always was a pretty skinny girl, my parents
were crazy healthy and wanted me to be the same way, they had me dieting like crazy and tried me out for every sport so I was always working out in one way or another. Everyone in my high school always thought I was a try hard because of this, I really only had a couple close friends, Adam and Maddie. I love both of them so much, they know me truly and I know them, I actually am going to miss them when I go to college, but we promised to visit eachother in the summer.

My flight has now landed, I'm so excited, and hungry. I finished my snacks in the plane and since I was flying first class they gave us a little food, nothing big through. I get off the plane, grab my suitcase and am ready to head to college. My parents (who are wealthy) sent me a car here and put it by the school so I took a uber to the college and saw my car and went to check in. I went to the office and a lady greeted me. She said, " Oh you must be Lizzie! I've been waiting for you! Since you are here early classes don't start until 1 more month. I can show you your room, and because of your early arrival you will get a school account card where you can access money for food because our dining hall isn't open! So follow me!" We walked maybe 4 minutes to the building where there was a lot of rooms but I went to mine which was room 17 on floor 2. The lady opened the door with a card and showed me around. It was pretty spacious, I couldn't imagine being with another person with a room this size so I was happy. My bathroom was split with a person on the other side but of course they aren't here. The lady said, " So this is your room, your key and school account card are set on you desk, and your parents requested a fridge and microwave for you so those are over in the corner. My name is Ann and here's my card with my number so if you need anything, or have any problems let me know. No one else will really be here for a month, some will check in every once in awhile so don't be alarmed if you see another person walking around. The closest Target and Walmart is just 3 minutes away and so are places to eat and shop. I am aware you saw your car and have all the things you need for that, so Welcome!" I replied, " Okay thanks so much Ann and I might go out for a bite to eat and buy some furniture." We said our goodbyes and we were both on our way.
I decided to first go eat because I'm so hungry. I drive to where she told me the places to eat were and saw almost unlimited choices. There was fast food, buffets, restaurants and more. I didn't know what I was feeling until I passed a sign that said, " Only $15 dollars for unlimited plates at Mac's Buffet, turn right and park!"
I decided to go there. I parked my car and went in. There was a good amount of people there, all maybe 20's-30's and they were all quite chubby. The lady at the front desk greeted me, " Hello there, welcome, if you came in for our $15 dollar deal you can pay now and sit wherever you please and go to the buffet, if not then you can look at our other meal plans!" I replied with, " Yes I'll do the $15 dollar deal thanks!" I paid her $15 dollars and went to go eat. Everyone here was very much taking advantage of the deal, many tables had 3+ plates of food in front of them, devouring it. Usually another person was with them encouraging them to eat or feeding them, themselves. I walked to find a booth, put my coat down and got up.

I was heading to the buffet when a guy caught my eye, he was so handsome and was alone, he looked the same age as me. I couldn't stop staring at him, then he looked up and saw me staring at him, he smirked and started to get up. I got nervous and went to the buffet. There was unlimited options, they had a burger station, salad (ew), meat station, pasta bar, cakes and desserts, even a milkshake station! I was in awe, while noticing all of this I felt a tap on the shoulder, it was the guy I was staring at. He said, " A lot of choices right, can be overwhelming at first, I've been here a couple time's. Oh by the way my names Jack." He's so cute, I try to not blush when I say, " Yeah a lot of choices, my names Lizzie, nice to meet you Jack." He replied with, " well I can help you choose and maybe we could eat together?" I said it sounds good and we went up to eat.