Prologue

Prologue: Leaving the Plane of Life in a Style of Which Pucci and Digimon Protagonists Would Approve of

After moving to Japan due to your father having a "great job offer" come to them all the way across the globe, you find yourself all alone in an unfamiliar place.

Growing up as someone who lived in America most of their life, but had been taught Japanese by your Japanese father, you didn't have a problem learning the language, and figured that since you'd be learning English in school, at least you'd get good grades. Languages always seemed to be a thing that you loved to learn, especially fun ones, like Spanish, French, and although you couldn't read it yet, even Russian.

Your grandmother seemed to have the same affinity for language-learning too. You figured that since she lived in Japan also, you'd get to see her more often and talk about her travels, and maybe learn from her! You always face-timed her, and that's how you knew- even if sometimes, she'd have a hard time figuring out these "new technologies." But, she was a smart woman and you respected that.

What you didn't respect though, is that your new house was an apartment in the capital of whatever-region of Japan. You didn't care enough to know. You didn't really ever care- you were just a weeb with enough time on your hands to watch anime while also learning different languages. It didn't ever seem like a big deal to you, but whatever- you thought it was like... maybe Sendai? Is that where you were living? You had no clue.

Either way, you put your hair in a bun, curled your side-bangs, put your cherry-themed headband on that smart little head of yours, put cherry-themed earrings in, and were ready to go. You couldn't give two shits if that didn't make you popular. You could be that quirky something-or-other in your school like all the Tumblr girls wanted to be, but never could be because YOU CAN'T BE QUIRKY WHEN NO ONE'S THE SAME, because if we're all different from each other, we share the trait of all being quirky. That's what you liked to tell yourself. But speaking of the way you dressed, your uniform, while nice-looking, had a skirt a little too short for your comfort. You tried to make it so it wouldn't show everything when you did anything that including moving. You failed the task, only a little successfully, and went out the door.

Your dad already went to his workplace, and your mom was probably still sleeping, so you didn't bother saying goodbye. Locking your door behind you, you went out of your apartment complex. While waiting at the bus stop and thinking about whether or not you'd be able to watch the English dub of part 5 of JoJo, you noticed a suspicious-looking man with a beanie on- "Enemy stand!" You thought, forcefully exhaling through your nose to try to make yourself believe that joke was anywhere near funny, but you looked at him again and- oh shit you wanted to follow them. You ended up running after them, where you saw them turn when they reached an alleyway? "Oh shit I'm probably gonna die," you thought to yourself, but when you reached the alleyway he went into, you saw nothing but a weird, yellowish portal? "Mmmmm little piss boy portal," you said accidentally out loud, and went into it because mama didn't raise no pussy, cause after all, what if it's a portal to the magical world of which is called 「The Original Jojo-Verse.」

「Oh shit」you said in stand user language (Engrish) while you swore you heard the Windows XP startup sound because uhh, you know, sensibility.