Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Dissociating is fun with others, but can cause drama if not done in complete private.

It had been two weeks since you had gotten your stand and encountered that enemy stand user you learned to be named Margaret. Josuke had been freaking out in secret over your stand and the fact that he wasn't able to actually give Jotaro the stand arrow back. You remembered that he apologized profusely to Jotaro, since he was extremely embarrassed to make him travel all the way to Morioh just to not actually receive the stand arrow.

After you learned you had a stand, Josuke started talking to you more, seemingly happier that you had one, even though there was now another stand arrow you both had to get back from enemies, but you and Josuke both figured that the next enemy stand would come to you, and not have you come to them. You had just been chilling out with him, Okuyasu and Koichi for the past two weeks, playing video games, going to crowded tourist attractions- it was summer after all, so there were a lot of things to do. But one day, Okuyasu and Koichi were sick.

"Hey Y/N, you have anything else you wanna do?"Asked Josuke. You could tell he was running out of things to do, because he basically almost always knew what to do around Morioh. "Why don't we go to Tonio's? We've surprisingly never done that, even though it's supposed to be Okuyasu's favorite place to eat," you replied. "It's kind of expensive though," Josuke said back in a kind-of whiny matter. "Bro, your mom just let you reopen your bank account that had like all your money, didn't she?" You reminded Josuke, and he seemingly remembered, because his eyes looked like they lit up. "Ok, yeah. Let's go to Tonio's. You ready to go?"

"Yeah Josuke, I'm ready. Let's go!"

Unlike the last time you walked alone with Josuke, this time he seemed to be a lot more talkative. You were glad that he was getting more comfortable with you.

Finally, you made it to Tonio's. "Ah, welcome Josuke! Who's this that you brought with you?" Asked Tonio when you walked in the door. "Right, this is Y/N. She's also a stand user, but she's also new to town. It's a long story. She already knows about you though, so I thought I'd bring her with me here."

"Are Okuyasu and Koichi not with you?"

"Oh, no. They're both sick. Me and Y/N managed to avoid their diseases, haha," replied Josuke. The entire restaurant was empty besides for you, Josuke, and Tonio. Tonio walked over to you and asked whether or not he could read your palm, and you let him, of course. "Oh, this palm is unlike any other I've read here in Morioh," Tonio said, and continued in a sad manner, "You're homesick, aren't you? It's almost like you were dragged here by force twice," Tonio said, and you could see him almost tearing up. He was still reading your palm though, and smiled when he got to a specific part of it. It kind of made you nervous. He read Josuke's palm, gave you both water, and went into the kitchen. "Uh, Y/N, you're homesick? You could've told me, I would've been hunting down the guy that took you here if you just told me-"

"Josuke, no, I'm alright," you tried to hide your tears from him, but you couldn't. This was the first time you ever broke down in public. You were sad and confused for a while. You felt as if you wanted to go home, but also stay in a happier world with someone you love. It was all stressing you out. While crying though, you felt Josuke hug you. "Y/N, it's gonna be alright. I'm uh, not the best at comforting people, especially girls, but if you ever need someone to talk to, just know that I'm here for you. I care about you a lot, and seeing you like this makes me sad too," you almost cried harder cause of what Josuke said, but thankfully he made you feel a lot better. After Josuke stopped hugging you, Tonio started bringing out the food. You kind of noted that nothing crazy happened when either you or Josuke ate it, but didn't think much of it.

Walking home, Josuke held your hand. He was holding onto your hand rather tightly, but you were fine with that. You walked the short distance home having a bit of small talk, all whilst you tried to not mention what just happened. You didn't want to make things awkward.

When you got to Josuke's house, he let go of your hand to try and cover up the fact that he was holding your hand, and it made you giggle because you knew that his mom probably already knew that there was at least some sort of crush developing between the both of you. Walking into Josuke's house, you saw his mom sleeping on the couch, he quietly walked past her, and you followed. You both went into his room.

You kind of wanted to confess your feelings to him, but instead, you asked him something else. "Ok, this is gonna sound kind of weird, but want to just straight up dissociate while listening to music? It can be kind of fun," you said to Josuke, and he looked kind of confused, but shook his head and hit you with the "Sounds good, but what kind of music do you want to listen to? I'm not all that picky when it comes to songs."

"Since somehow my music app works still, I kind of want to listen to a band called Kid Bloom, uh, they're pop-rock in a way, but it's also pretty chill, so like, they're kind of like Queen, but just a lot more future I guess?"

"Cool. I'll set up the futons, and you can get your music ready," Josuke said. You took your phone out of your bag, plugged it in to make sure it would be charging, and opened up Spotify. You turned on the music, and kind of got embarrassed thinking about how this was one of the few times you shared your music taste with anyone. Josuke seemed fine with the music, though, and finished setting up your futon. You both sat down on your futons and ended up chatting a bit before you both fell asleep. "Uh, thanks for taking me to Tonio's today, it was nice to go there with you," pausing for a bit to consider your next sentence, you continued. "It's been stressful here, but you're making it a lot better for me. I'm glad we got to actually meet."

"I'm glad you're here too," that was the only thing Josuke needed to say for you to feel genuinely happy, and you smiled. You thought a bit more about what happened that day, and drifted off to sleep in a peaceful state of mind.