35. T H E D E A L

A/N: ITS FINALLY HERE! The final chapter of Golden Storms. Get a cup of tea/coffee and get cozy - this one's a long one. For all of you who have stuck till the end, I am ever grateful for your support, comments, votes and shares. Without you this book wouldn't be where it is now. Yes, it doesn't have millions of reads and yes it is not well known, but I have had an incredible time writing it. The sequel to this book is Silver Skies, and it will be filled with drama, action and romance. It will not just be about Falaq and Hudayfa, but about all those who have created their complex pasts, presents and future. Because a true tale can never be about two people only. Their hearts are bigger than that. Unedited.

~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Each spake words of high disdain. And insult to his heart's best brother" - Christabel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~

T A I M U R
رَجَب
T H E A R MY

A tragedy.

That was the word that came to mind when Taimur thought of Hadeel - or rather, Ishtar.

She sat now, in the middle of his tent, quaking. She still wore that beautiful white dress he'd had his slave girls dress her in, and despite her demotion her hair still carried lustre and her cheeks were possible even more pink than before. How he longed to forget her status and bed her once more! And perhaps he would have, if she were not Falaq's handmaiden.

Falaq, who was the daughter of Khalifa, one of his father's most trusted advisors.

Falaq, whose death could have only occurred by Hudayfa's hand for it to be forgiven.

Falaq, the bothersome quagmire in his otherwise perfectly played game.

"What to do with you?" Taimur whispered to himself, amber eyes glittering. He'd been pacing around her with the grace and gait of a leopard stalking its prey. She seemed to be the swan, aware of her approaching demise. Her large brown eyes followed his movements, particularly on the fact that his hand rested on the sword on his side. He almost smirked. Did she know he could kill her so fast, she would never even know she'd died? Did she know that it took much less than a real weapon to end someone's life?

"God, you are beautiful" Taimur sighed to himself, "but you really must fly off to heaven little dove...for nothing can shut your mouth once your Mistress is here"

Her eyes widened - though she could not understand a word he was saying, it was as if she knew what he was about to do.

The rustle of his tent caught his attention. His eyes narrowed. Who dared seek his attention at this late hour? It was almost dawn, and no time to seek council.

His eyes widened slightly when Hudayfa walked through the opening. His best friend was wearing travel gear, and his hair had grown long enough to tie back. His silver eyes were stormy as usual, but particularly guarded.

"Your Highness" he thumped his fist twice over his heart and bowed. Taimur wordlessly gave him his hand, upon which rested the ring of the House of Akram. Hudayfa grasped it, and kissed it briefly, before rising.

His gaze found Ishtar almost immediately, for she was difficult to miss. His eyes did not linger - he was uninterested in a beautiful woman right in front of him. Taimur smirked. It seemed his suspicions were right after all.