Chapter Three: Council Meeeting

Arthur's pov

I sit for hours outside of Giuas's door waiting for Merlin to come out before he finally does. Though, as he sees me, he rushes past and down the hall. I follow him to the council room?

Oh right! I had a council meeting today. I can't believe I almost forgot about that. Merlin didn't remind me, but I guess that's fine because I can't actually go in his body. He'll just have to figure it out.

I hope he doesn't say or do anything wrong. I should have taught him how to go about this but was stupid instead and got him mad at me.

I start to walk away when Leon passes me in rush while asking, "Merlin? Aren't you supposed to be in the council chambers already to serve Arthur wine today?"

I can feel my face pale as I remember that I did arrange to have Merlin in there today. Oh no. This won't be good.

I turn around and follow Leon in trying to not be noticed but of course, I am. Uther stands up and looks directly at me before speaking, "Boy. Have you no respect. You're supposed to be here on time. You shall be in the stocks after this. Grab that pitcher and get Arthur some wine."

I gulp and nod before going to do what he says. As I serve Merlin the wine, he doesn't say a word to me. He actually doesn't even glance in my direction. I must have really made him mad.

I stand there behind him as the meeting commences. He surprisingly does very well and doesn't do anything embarrassing. He must actually pay attention to these things, and I never notice. I feel like such a fool right now.

When the meeting comes to a close, another servant comes to take my pitcher of wine. Then two of the guards grab me roughly by the arms and start to escort me outside. They put me in the stocks before turning away and leaving.

For the next two hours, I get rotten food thrown at me. It smells terrible, but there is nothing I can do about it. I got myself into this mess. I really messed up this time. I start to accept my fate of spending the night in the stocks because Merlin is probably going to have control of when I get out, and he is extremely mad at me right now.

Then I notice that the food has stopped coming at me. I look up to see, well me but I know Merlin is actually the one controlling it. I get a little excited before he says, "I'm still mad at you. What you said to me is terrible, but I don't want to make you spend a night in the stocks and end up hurting my back even more than it usually hurts."

I nod as he lets me out and tell him, "I understand."

He sighs, "Go get cleaned up and meet me in your, I mean, my chambers." He smirks before adding, "I'm going to want a bath."

With that, he turns and leaves me. I guess I should have expected that. I mean it's good he's acting as I would. I just wish this never happened, so I wouldn't have to be the servant.

I head to Giuas's place to get cleaned up before I start hauling water to make a bath for him. This is going to be a long night.

Merlin's pov

I know I should make Arthur pay for what he said to me, but I can't watch him get plummeted with rotten food anymore. He looks so sad.

So I figure I will compromise. I'll release him from the stocks and then make him make me a bath. He'll finally get to see how hard my job actually is and what I put up with. This is perfect.

I just hope he doesn't accidentally activate my magic somehow. I have no clue what I'll do if he does. That's my only real concern since I figured out that he probably could.

I mean at least I can use his sword skills, so I figure he can use my magic. It just means I have to figure out how to switch us back as soon as possible.