James Madison -  Sandwich love

"I'm assuming you brushed your teeth." You spoke, grasping two slices of bread as your mess of a husband, James slid into the kitchen. He looked to you before you heard his feet padding against the floors and to the bathroom.

You giggled softly. You wondered how someone likes James, always so serious and neutral during work hours, never shown how he really was at home. Oddly cute and clumsy, you could tell he dropped his guard around you, which was nice.

Then you married the sucker. It's quite the adventure.

"Thank you sweetie." You felt a quick kiss to you cheek as he seemed to be grasping your half eaten breakfast by your side. "That was mine!"

"Sorry!" You scoffed, grinning as your breakfast was stuffed into his mouth, a few crumbs coming out of his mouth as he spoke. "It's alright. I made your lunch." You held up a baggie with James's favorite kind of sandwich.

Before he could grasp it you put a gentle kiss to the item, seeing James grin at your action. "Made with love."

"Your too cute. Perhaps we can go out to eat tonight. Feels like I haven't treated you in ages." You set his lunch down as his warm arms wrapped around your frame, a loving look in his eyes as you grinned. "I'd like that."

You found yourself entranced in the bright eyes of your husbands as he kissed you, ever so gentle and sweet as you pulled away, smiling. "Go. Your gonna be late."

-

Every day seemed to go like that. Remind James of perhaps needing shoes or fixing his tie or shirt. Him stealing your breakfast and you making his lunch. Then you'd plant a kiss to the bagged sandwich.

Oddly, it seemed to make James eat them more, seeing as sometimes he would have such a busy day and he'd forget to eat. You decided that this was good.

But of course, James also had early days, so here you were. Walking to his work with a cute sandwich baggie with little doodles on it. What? The store was out of plain ones.

The building smelled immediately of old books and was oddly stuffy. You greeted the front desk, finding yourself being escorted to James's floor.

"Thank you sir." You nodded to the emotionless man who seemed surprised that you thanked him. A small but noticeable smile formed on his face. "O-Of course miss."

Apparently many remembered you from your casual visits. Perhaps it was your loving and bright smile because many greeted you as you continued your walk to James' office.

James sometimes did mention how many enjoyed your company, saying along the lines "You make things less tense in such a political floor."

You traveled to the lounge and/or coffee room. Seeing as it was noon you expected James to be there only to be met with a few bustling people.

You chuckled quietly as you saw a familiar face. That face was currently having trouble with the coffee machine, burning himself. You walked over, a kind smile as you placed a gentle hand on his back.

"Mr. Hamilton. Having trouble?" You politely ignored the glare he sent you before it clicked in his mind. A awkward smile fell on his face as he clutched his burned fingers, scoffing before looking to the floor.

"Miss' (Y/n). Always lovely to see you. And yes, as you can tell." He chuckled softly, holding up his two fingers as you hummed, your motherly instincts kicking in as you grasped them.

Your touches were gentle, enough to send a Alexander Hamilton into a blush as you hummed. "Maybe run some cool water over them, or take a break from your writings." You tease with a smile as he grinned.