sugawara kōshi | sleep

sugawara kōshi

enjoy :)

—————

"my darling, all i want is to chase beautiful dreams with you

chase beautiful dreams with you."

alexandra vasiliu

—————

after entering high school, you had always dreamt of having a pleasant and drop-dead gorgeous boyfriend and being surrounded by your friends. going out to eat delightful food and walking around the mall felt like a dream come true, and simply just being in high school felt like rainbows and unicorns.

but you were wrong.

the amount of school work and assignments teachers gave out was simply unbearable and arduous. the lack of sleep got you constantly debilitated and fatigued. the lectures you listened from the teachers, entered from one side of your ear, then left from the other. you found it toilsome to simply open your eyes during class, paying attention to the teacher seemed like an impossible task.

you always admired students who would actually offer their attentiveness to the teacher and be prolific. both actions seemed nearly impractical for someone like you who always ended up taking a small nap during class —which always ended up with you having to talk to the teacher after class, or either in detention.

there were some teachers who would simply ignore you as you slept, but obviously, not every teacher was like that.

the weather outside today was the perfect temperature to sleep in the warm, pleasant sunlight. the gargantuan sun was shining brightly and there was not a single cloud splattered in the endless sky. the ravishing cherry blossoms were blooming and sprouting aesthetically. the usual heavy breeze was extremely placid, blowing lightly.

it was perfect.

lunch break had begun and you fled out of the classroom in a hasten pace. with your hair flowing behind you, your legs stretched outwards, walking out the building and into the field full of verdant grass.

the fragrance of sweet, fresh grass filled your nostrils as you stepped out. as you delightedly walked over towards the tree in the side, someone calls out your name.

"(y/n)!"

a benign and mellow voice reaches your ears as you swiftly turn around to see your boyfriend, sugawara koshi, running up to you with a extensive grin plastered on his face. he was extensively waving his hand above his head, before he landed in front of me with a scintillating beam.

"hi, kōshi," you greeted with a grin. seeing his vivid smile made your day so much more ebullient. whenever you were having a egregious day, he always found a way to bring a smile to your face. always.

"what are you doing here, (y/n)?" he asks covered in a bit of sweat. he was wearing a simple white t-shirt and black shorts, so he was probably practicing volleyball.

"i was just going to sleep, out in the sun," i answer with exhilaration. "the weather today is the perfect weather for sleeping."

laughter escapes his lips as he grabs my hand and guides me towards the tree i was planning to sleep next to. he sits down under the shadows and pats the verdant grass next to him.

"it is the perfect weather for sleeping." he states. "come over here and i'll watch over you as you sleep."

i couldn't help but lift my lips upwards as i ran over and embraced him. he was a bit bewildered by my sudden action, but a small chuckle escaped his mouth. his cheeks were a bit tinted as he embraced me back, leaning his chin by my shoulder.

i settled down next to him, on the verdant grass as i laid my head on his knee — while he entertained himself by playing with my hair.

the way he lifted his lips upwards. the way one of his dimples crinkles. the way his teeth are perfectly aligned. the warm glow his contentedness gives. his smile is a ray of sunshine, and i am a sunburn.

"goodnight, (y/n)," he whispers as i close my eyes and snuggled into his chest.

—————

hope you enjoyed :)

question of the day: what time do you usually go to bed?

—————

i hope that picture made your day a bit better 😳🥰❤️