EPILOGUE

Before I start, I want to thank everyone for reading this book and sticking with me through thos tumultuous ride. I hope you guys enjoyed and will tell me what you all think of this last chapter.

15-Years-later

Aleksander ran a hand through his peppering hair, sighing to see the darkness outside before climbing up the single flight of stairs. Making his way across the hallway and passed the various bedrooms he opened the door of the one furthest away.

Pushing the double doors open, his face brightened with a smile to find his wife seated on their bed, their daughter’s head laid in her lap with Sofia combing her fingers through her tresses.

“Hello,” Aleksander greeted his wife, leaning down to give her a peck as she smiled at him before his gaze was redirected to his daughter burying her face in her mother’s stomach. “And what happened here?” He settled on the edge of the bed, gesturing to the little girl.

“From what I understand,” Sofia spoke in Italian. “Angelo took her…diary was it?”

“Book!” His daughter sprang up with a tear stained face and blotchy cheeks. “Angelo took my book which Demetrio gave to me, papa! He won’t give it back! That is my favorite books!”

“Isabella,” Aleksander sighed and pulled the eight-year-old onto his lap. “Maybe he’s borrowing it because he sees how much you like it and he wants to see what it’s all about?”

“No, he’s just being an ass,” Their daughter, Katarina, spoke with a shrug from the doorway.

“Katarina,” Sofia sighed. “Language,”

“Why should I? Papa uses this language,”

“Aleksander,” Sofia kicked her husband who grimaced. “You watch your language in front of my children!”

“Yes, yes,” He nodded and stroked Isabella’s hair. “Katarina, can you please call your elder brother?”

“Which one? I have two,”

“Angelo, baby,”

“Fine,”

The coarse reply had Aleksander raise an eyebrow and look at his wife for an understanding behind her irritation.

“Don’t look at me, I don’t know what to do anymore,”

“She’s just ten,” Aleksander sighed. “And already she hates us,”

“I don’t,” Isabella looked up at her father with puffy eyes.

“Oh, my sweetheart!” He cooed and squeezed her tight in his arms.

“Maybe this is why she hates you,” A deep baritone spoke, the different voice having both Aleksander and Sofia jump before looking up to find Salvatore and Nicole standing in their doorway. “The blatant favoritism you have for your eldest and youngest,”

“Salvatore!” Aleksander put a hand to his chest and laughed breathlessly. “I do not have favorites between my own kids,”

“To an outsider it looks like you prefer Viktor and Isabella rather than Angelo and Katarina,” Salvatore stepped forward. “Funny, consider that you named both of them in memory of our parents,” He teased his younger brother.

“Ha-ha, very funny,” Aleksander stood up and hugged the Italian, Sofia and Nicole chattering to each other about motherhood before Nicole hugged Aleksander too. “What brings you guys here?”

“Oh,” Nicole looked up at her husband. “We were given marriage proposals for Victoria and Demetrio, and that just made us realize that our kids are grown up now, and we basically wanted to come someplace where the kids are still…you know…kids,”