Chapter One: The Girl

Many years ago, in a kingdom named Etheria, there lived a werewolf king and his seven sons.  Etheria had long struggled to protect its human population from enemy kingdoms, who despised the human species and sought to render them extinct, along with those who defended them.  Years of war had left the kingdom exhausted of resources, which caused the people to panic and revolt.

In an act of cowardice, the king of Etheria fled, and was never seen again.

Now Etheria is without a king, and it is up to the Seven Sons to take charge and bring the kingdom back to its former glory.  But in their precarious position, there is only one way to save their beloved Etheria.

A girl, a human princess from Etheria's neighbouring kingdom, Cosmia.  Her father is offering his support, food, weapons and armies that the seven sons dearly need, in exchange for one thing.  The marriage of his daughter to the next king of Etheria.

The only problem is ...

Which of the Seven Sons will become king?

JIMIN'S P. O. V. 

"No." I placed my hands on the table—slowly, but intentionally. "There are many things I would do for you, brother, but this is not one of them."

"Don't be childish," Namjoon replied. "This is the only thing that can save us."

I felt my inner wolf bare its teeth, scratch at the corners of my mind, and I knew that if we kept going around in circles, we would be at each other's throats.

"Namjoon, you're the one Father was grooming to be king. You marry the girl." Seokjin crossed his arms, a breath huffing from his chest.

"I can't. You, Jimin and Jungkook are the only princes left without mates. Etheria's fate falls to you."

I rolled my eyes. "You make it seem so dramatic."

"I'm sorry, is the impending destruction of our kingdom and all its inhabitants not dramatic enough for you?" A low growl crept out of my brother's throat. "How about me picking your eyes out with my claws, would that suffice?"

I cocked my head, and I knew my eyes were glowing. "Is that a threat or a challenge?"

Jin tensed. "Okay, okay, everyone take a breath. Remember the house rules, no phasing indoors."

"What's the point of rules?"

We all turned to Hoseok, leaning back in his chair with his feet kicked up on the table.

"What?" Jin asked.

"Father isn't here. Mother is dead. They were the ones who made the rules, why should we obey?"

"Because if we let things fall apart here, we might as well kiss Etheria goodbye," said Namjoon, composing himself.

I took a step back to regain control—not because I didn't want to crack his skull, but because I didn't want to be left looking like the immature one. It fell silent. That had been happening a lot lately, the quiet. Ever since Father had abandoned us, we'd begun to notice how large his presence had been in the castle.

"There's still Jungkook," Hoseok said, but Namjoon shook his head.

"He's young, too young. Whoever marries the Cosmian princess will be crowned King—our little brother isn't ready for that."