Chapter 6

AMERICA'S POV

AMERICA'S POV

The phone rings in the middle of the night, startling both of us out of sleep. I groan and blindly click it off without checking the Caller ID. Steve grins and presses a kiss to my lips.

"Good idea."

"Thanks." We kiss again before I snuggle close to Steve. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his chest. It feels so good not to be fighting anymore. Just as I've almost drifted off, the phone rings again. Grumbling, Steve reaches over me to shut it off, but his expression immediately changes when he reads the caller. He sits up and fumbles to answer the phone, anxiety in his blue eyes.

"Tony?"

"Tony?" I whisper, confused. I sit up, pulling the blanket around me. "Steve-"

"Mer, hold on. Bruce, you've got to slow down, I have no idea what you're saying."

"Bruce? What about Bruce?" Steve silences me with a look, but too much is whirring through my mind right now. Bruce. Tony. I haven't seen Bruce since Sokovia, and Tony since Germany.

"Slow down, seriously, I'm trying to understand... It's the middle of the night, what do you expect?... Vision? What about Vision? What? You've seriously got to slow down, Bruce... Who? I've never heard of him... Okay, I mean... are you sure? Okay, we'll go there now." He clicks off the phone and immediately starts getting dressed in his suit. "Something's wrong. They think Vision's in danger. It's hard to explain. We need to go help."

"Vision..." Panic floods through me. "Steve, Wanda's with him."

"I know. Wake up the other two, we've got to get out of here as quickly as we can. They're still in Edinburgh, right?"

I nod and run, waking Sam and Nat up before going back to pull on my own suit. It's black and fitted, with tall boots like Nat wears. And best of all, it's laced with vibranium, so it'll be a lot harder for me to get shot. Go Wakanda.

"Guys, come on!" Natasha calls over her shoulder, already halfway out the door. We all jog after her.

"How are we getting to Edinburgh?" Sam asks. I never considered that.

She smirks. "I may have a way to get us the quinjet."

Not even twenty minutes later, she and Steve are piloting a jet to Scotland. It's honestly hard to surprise me anymore.

"So way's going on?" I ask Steve, who doesn't look away from the controls when he answers.

"Somehow, Bruce has miraculously re-emerged. He seemed pretty freaked out, but according to him, some guys are after the Mind Stone, and therefore after Vision. He doesn't have the means to get there and doesn't even know where he is, so that's where we come in. Vision turned off his tracker, so if he's not in Edinburgh, I have no idea."