Mathan's Story - A Prequel

Summary:

A small prequel to BTS Kidnapped!

Notes:

The YouTube links are songs I felt fit the mood of the chapter, and I included them for your enjoyment.

God, where the fuck was he again?

Mathan looked around the dive he was sitting at and tried to remember what country he was in

Mathan looked around the dive he was sitting at and tried to remember what country he was in. Africa? South America? Some shithole in Asia? He was going to need to check the passport he was currently using to find out.

'And what fucking time was it again?' he thought, blinking blurry eyes at the watch on his wrist. Maybe it was time to go to bed or at least time to stop drinking.

"My dear son," a voice to his left sniffed. "Why am I not surprised to see you in such a place?"

The voice coming from his side was one that Mathan had really hoped he would never have to hear again. If dear old dad had managed to track him down to wherever he was, he wanted something from him and Mathan had no fucking intention of giving anything to Dorian Foley.

"Whatever it is...the answer is 'no'. Whatever you want from me...the answer is 'fuck NO'. So, it hasn't been a pleasure running into you here, and I would like to get back to my drinking, thank you."

Mathan waved a hand at the man behind the bar who could have been from any one of the countries that he thought he might be in. He nodded at the man as a drink was set before him, groaning inwardly when he saw that his old man had not taken the hint and left. A man could not get quietly drunk in whatever country he was in without family coming and fucking everything up. He really needed to learn to hide better.

Sighing, Mathan twisted around to look at Dorian and growled, "If I listen to you and then tell you 'fuck no', will you go away?"

"Son, I am here to offer you the opportunity to make a great deal of money. A simple snatch and pay that will net you enough cash to retire to some South Sea island with a couple of native girls. It will be a few weeks at the most and after that, you never have to see my face again, if you want."

Dorian leaned against the bar giving Mathan a cocky look.

"I don't want to see your face now. So spill, and then I can tell you 'no' and you can go the fuck away," Mathan said as he upended the drink, savored the burn and waited for dear old dad to vomit out the evil scheme running around in his brain.

Instead, Dorian Foley laid a photo face down on the bar and pushed it to Mathan.

Turning it over Mathan cast a wary eye to the man. It was a glossy photo of seven young Asian men who looked like performers of some kind. Mathan had to admit they were all quite attractive, but he failed to see what they had to do with the old man's plan. Unless...

"Am I supposed to know who they are?" He questioned.

Dorian grinned at Mathan as he answered. "They are your ticket to more money than you can spend in a lifetime. A South Korean group called Bangtan Sonyeondan... They are gaining a lot of international notice; their company will be willing to pay a great deal of money to get them back unharmed."

Mathan latched onto a single word because he didn't give a shit about the money. Dorian Foley had no clue about the secret bank accounts that he had stashed all over the world. He could retire to that South Sea island right now if he wanted to.

"Really? Unharmed?" he asked, the tone of his voice enough to convey his lack of faith in his father.

Dorian waved a hand at Mathan.

"Of course! They will never see our faces or hear our real voices. Contact kept to a minimum. Like I said, a few weeks at the most for them. And they won't give us any trouble, they're a bunch of soft pretty boy singers from Korea."

Mathan wondered why he was still listening to the old man as his eyes glanced down at the photo in his hand. He only partially heard what his father was saying until his ears caught the name, Carl.

"Oh, fuck no!" Mathan barked out harshly. "You can't have your brother on a crew like that, especially if there are attractive young men involved. Or have you forgotten what happened with Aaron?"

Dorian smiled to himself as he hooked the fish that he wanted. As badass and as scary as Mathan was, he had a soft spot for those he saw as needing protection. And with Carl as part of the crew, who had a known weakness for young and beautiful men, Dorian ensured that his son would volunteer to be part of this mission.

The elder Foley smiled in triumph as Mathan did just what he knew he would.

Exhaling harshly and wishing he were a lot less drunk - because he would have told the old man 'fuck no' then - Mathan spoke, certain that he was damning himself.

"Fine... I'm in. But you keep Carl on a tight leash. And I'm out on the actual snatch. I'll handle surveillance and get the compound ready, because I am guessing that is where you want to hold them, right?"

"It is, son. And I promise, nothing will go wrong."

Looking at the picture again Mathan had a sudden chill run down his spine. Something was telling him that his life was about to change forever. Whether it would be good or bad, Mathan could not have said. The only thing that he was certain of was that the angel in the picture was going to play a major part in it.