Part Thirty-Nine

T/N: VOCABULARY LESSON!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Here are the new words we used this chapter!

l Jagiya: (Korean) 'honey', 'sweetie', 'love', or 'darling'. This term is used between couples (normally younger couples as the older generations do not use this phrase) in a relationship to address each other. These couples can be either married or unmarried and the term can be used to address both women and men. This has a lesser meaning than Chagiyah.

l Chagiyah: (Korean) literally means "self". With this term you are literally calling the other person as yourself, therefore, implying that the other person is your self, your other half, your soulmate, etc. It is a much deeper term to refer to someone as than Jagiya.

l Hai: (Japanese) 'yes'

l Chingu: (Korean) 'friend'

l Meohano: (Busan dialect) 'what are you doing'

~oooOooo~

This monster that Jimin was standing next to was their only way out of this hell

This monster that Jimin was standing next to was their only way out of this hell. It was true that he was trading one prison for another, but he had been promised that their new cage would be lined in luxury. That they would be well cared for and would not suffer as they had before. It wasn't freedom, but it was freedom from this hell that they lived in now. If he must endure their hatred, then it was a price he was willing to pay, though it would wound him forever.

"Jimin-ssi, you do believe me, don't you?"

Jimin looked into the face of the monster who now owned him and was asking him this question. Did he believe the man? His soul screamed at him to rage and fight, to hurl a loud 'no' back at him. But his mind flashed on his last sight of his family when they had tried to escape, Jin hanging limp over some stranger's shoulder; Hoseok lying on the ground in pain; Jungkook in Carl's clutches; Taehyung and Yoongi kneeling on the cold hard earth; and their leader standing there broken.

Taking a deep breath, Jimin pulled the sable tighter around his body, looked into the monster's face, and let himself fall back into that foggy state of mind where he could protect his heart and soul.

Jimin cocked his head and smiled.

"Of course... jagiya."

Smiling at his private dancer, Sven nodded for the guard to open the door. They were met with a blast of cold air. The Russian was happy that he had not let Jimin remove his coat when they came in from their daily walk. Tucking the Korean man's hand in his elbow and thinking that he was going to have some words with Dorian, Sven entered BTS' cell.

Jimin's palms were sweating inside the pockets of the sable. He longed to clasp his hands together and rub them but Sven didn't care for fidgeting. He had to be good, but he was so nervous. It was worse than he felt before shows - worse than when he had auditioned even. Because now he had to perform perfectly before the people who knew him best... he had to convince them or they would die.