Chapter 1: Link Start

(Y/n) = Your name

(P/n) = Player name

(S/c) = Skin color

(H/c) = Hair color

(F/c) = Favorite color

(P/n) P.O.V

Sword Art Online... a world of swords or so he says. But there are more than just swords in this world. There is a large variety of weapons to play around with, and there is almost an unlimited amount of skills. The only exception is magic, which was fine by me.

I was able to create a character in the way I wanted it, in any way. I could be a girl if I wanted. But there is only one character I would play as. Myself. To create a different person and pretend to be them? No, I will fight as me and no one else. Most gamers would create an alter-ego, but I'm fine the way I am.

I created a male character with my long, messy (H/c) hair that is tied up to a ponytail that reached down to the back of my neck. I decided to keep my glasses as an accessory. Despite what my uncle said about being able to see fine without them, it felt strange not having them on. I did have a bit of difficulty making my yellow eyes due to the fact I accidentally moved the slider to far multiple times. It's not like anyone could blame me, I was literally making myself while in front of it, it was strange.

After that, I was able to complete the customization by putting in my (S/c) skin tone and recoloring my starting outfit. I made sure to have at least an (F/c) shirt underneath the leather chest armor and dark brown pants to go along with the boots.

It took me a while to create a character due to the fact that I don't exactly play games where you create characters or socialize. If I did play a game, it would be for strategy-related. So once I finished, I went into the game and wasn't that experience horrible for the first day.

So far, it's only been the six days since the beta test started, and I'm honestly enjoying myself... however, the other players seem to be incompetent fools. They lacked any sense of common sense and were reckless beyond belief. Sure, when you die, you spawn back at the "Chamber of Resurrection", but this makes these idiots believe that they're invincible. I mean, it's nice to know that if I get hurt, I won't break anything in my body, unlike in the real world, but this is just getting stupid.

I have seen players charged headfirst into battle with no plan of attack, try to jump across a broken bridge, climb a tree and fall to their deaths, these players continued to do ridiculous things that only led to their pointless deaths.

Not to mention the fact that no one really knows how to fight since there was no tutorial. Personally, I liked that since it shows who are capable fighters and who are not. The downside is that just about everyone here doesn't know how to fight with a sword or a weapon in real life since most of them don't join clubs like kendo or any type of dojos. Meaning that just about all of them are useless.

There are some people that I noticed who seemed capable of fighting to some extent. But some people know they aren't good at fighting but take-up different skills such as crafting or gathering information.

Information is key in this game, those who know how to operate the skill system and an advantage over others in the game. Any information could prove valuable. That's why I'm withholding every piece of information I have gathered thus far. If they don't bother to learn, then let them struggle. The same goes for me, I don't understand these types of games, but I'm getting the hang of it... it may have taken me at least half an hour to figure out where the menu was.

However, I didn't mind sharing information with those I deem worthy. I haven't come across someone like that yet.

That's why I left that starting town five hours into the beta test because the other players drove me insane during the first day. None of them wanted to move to the next floor, none of them wanted to learn how to fight properly... So I prepared myself and headed out to the tall metal tower. That man said to travel up the floors and I will.