o19: Misplaced

M O U N T  J U S T I C E
November 5, 19:40 EDT

Reese had heard a lot of strange things in her short life. And she meant a lot. But, honestly, what Dick had just told her no doubt took the cake.

"Wait," the brunette cut Robin off, holding up a hand as the two stood next to each other in the cave, waiting for M'gann and Conner to get back from their errand run. Reese was careful to keep her voice down, because even though no one else in the room had super-hearing, Wally was a notorious eavesdropper. "You're saying someone actually, like, actually-actually broke into Wayne Tech and robbed it? Seriously?"

Robin gave a small nod, and both birds glanced past Red Tornado to where Batman was standing, his face expressionless per usual.

"Seriously?" Silverbird repeated, and though she knew Dick was telling the truth, she had to admit, it was pretty dubious. 

Wayne Tech was one of the most secure companies in the country, and Bruce had security systems for his security systems. He had to, considering he was Batman. But, to know that someone had actually robbed the place? It was more than a little unbelievable.

"It happened a few days ago," The Boy Wonder whispered behind his hand, leaning over so their conversation wouldn't be detected by the others. "B thinks it had to have been an inside job because the robbery went down when the defense systems were updating,"

"What'd they steal?" Reese hissed, and her eyes widened when she saw Dick's face turn pale as he turned to glance at her.

"Tech from the R&D department," he said quietly, and Reese's mouth dropped open. 

The R&D department was the secret section hidden deep within Wayne Tech, and it held most of the Dark Knight's prototype gadgets. Even the Batmobile had been designed there. It was also the most secure department in the company. 

Or at least, it was supposed to be.

"Who has access to that place?" Reese whispered again, flicking her eyes over to glance at Batman again. She was about 80% sure that Bruce was listening to their conversation, but he hadn't interrupted them yet.

After a moment, Dick gave a small shrug.

"Me, B, Lucius," he listed simply. "Batman and I already cleared Fox though, so it's not him. He's been working the case non-stop for the last seventy-two hours, but we haven't found anything yet,"

"Wow," Reese said slowly. "Sophisticated thieves,"

"Yeah," the thirteen-year-old's voice was quiet and morose as Dick looked down at his feet. "That would be an understatement,"

"Hey," Silverbird added softly, lightly bumping her hip against Robin's as the Bioship entered the cave. "You'll find the thieves. You and Batman. World's Greatest Detectives, right?"

Dick still looked a bit hesitant, but after a moment, he gave a small smile and glanced back over at Reese as the Bioship's back ramp opened.

"World's Greatest Detectives," he repeated, half to himself for a moment before he focused on Reese. "Thanks, Rhysalin,"

The brunette didn't say anything else but smile, because, at that moment, M'gann and Superboy exited the Bioship, each of them carrying large crates that were presumably filled with whatever it was that Batman had asked them to get.

Well, Conner was carrying crates. M'gann was levitating some more, but Reese figured it wasn't that big of a difference.

"Did you get everything?" Batman asked, and Reese glanced over at the Dark Knight, realizing that the reason his voice sounded even gruffer than usual probably had to do with the recent robbery. She did not want to be the thief when Bruce finally found them.