o2o: Coldhearted

M O U N T  J U S T I C E
November 11, 16:00 EST

Reese liked snow. 

Really, she did. Sure, she was a West Coast girl at heart and preferred warmth and sunshine over any other sort of weather, but she wasn't completely opposed to winter. 

At least, within reason.

But, this was a little ridiculous. Star City got snow, every once in a while, but never this early. So, when Reese woke up on the morning of November 11th to see large fluffy flakes of snow falling in front of her bedroom window, she knew something had to be up, she just wasn't entirely sure what.

For the time being though, Reese was focusing on something else. Namely, making the final touches to Wally's surprise 16th birthday party before the speedster got to Mount Justice, though the brunette wasn't sure she could really classify this as a surprise party since Wally had not-so-subtly been leaving "hints" and such about it for the last week.

But, regardless, the Team still threw one for him, and at the moment, Reese was standing on Dick's shoulders as the Boy Wonder balanced on the edge of the kitchen counter, trying to clip the final corner of a Happy Birthday banner to the ceiling as everyone else situated the gathered birthday presents, balloons, and cake around the common room.

"You sure you can do this?" Robin whispered, glancing up at Reese as he held her ankles, keeping the younger girl in place so she wouldn't fall. "KF is gonna be here in a few minutes,"

"That's exactly why I have to do this," Reese retorted, finally managing to clip the banner onto the hook stuck to the ceiling. "So Wally's party doesn't look half-finished,"

Suddenly, and because Silverbird had been listening in case Wally arrived early, from the main cave, the Zeta tube turned on.

Recognized Kid Flash B-0-4
Zeta Tube Network Now Off-Line Due To Extreme Atmospheric Conditions

"He's here!" Reese hissed, and she shifted, trying to turn around, but in doing so, she spun Dick around, and both of them tumbled off the counter and would've alerted the speedster to their presence, had Conner not lurched forward at the last second and caught them both.

"You guys okay?" Superboy asked once Robin and Silverbird had steadied themselves, and Reese and Dick both gave nods, just before M'gann turned off the lights, plunging the common room into darkness.

And not a moment too soon, because three seconds later, Wally walked into the darkened common room, bundled up in a parka.

"Wow," the speedster said, though Reese was able to detect the mocking tone in his voice. "It'd be a tragedy if I missed my own--"

Before he could continue, Miss M flicked the lights on again, momentarily blinding Kid Flash, as everyone else shouted "Surprise!" in unison.

When he got his bearings again, Wally grinned and placed one of his hands against his chest.

"Aw, you guys!" he exclaimed, still trying to seem as if hadn't already totally seen this coming. "You shouldn't have,"

"Right," Robin grinned in response, crossing his arms. "Not like you've been hinting for days or anything,"

With that, everyone gathered around the common room's coffee table, where two one-layer cakes, both stuck with birthday candles sat, and Wally plopped down in front of them, a birthday hat already tied to his head.

"We made two cakes," M'gann said as she crouched next to him, lighting the candles, and Wally grinned again.

"Awesome!" he exclaimed, before glancing at the martian. "What will you guys eat?"