♞ - C h a p t e r 12 - ♞

Hey Rom-Cubs,

First chapter for 2020. 🎉

Thank you for taking the long road and sticking with me. I cannot tell you how much that means to me.

I know it's been a while ... but I hope it's worth the wait.

🥂 Cheers to the Twelveth Installation of The Ballerina and The Bachelor! ❤️

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

Enjoy XD

- Ang

------

⚠️The following has mature themes please be advised⚠️

Alexis ...

The door to the restaurant opened and the hostess greeted us with a polite smile.

"Good evening Mr. Mega. Good evening Ms. Belle."

"Good evening," Belle and I returned her greeting, in a chorus.

"Would you like your usual table?" The hostess directed to me.

"Tonight, I would like a table outside please."

The hostess nodded.

I looked over to Belle, to find her already captivated.

At the moment, her focus was fixed on the intimacy of the dim-lit atmosphere. Evidently, in awe of the ambient climate of the restaurant.

Belle's lips stretched into a wide smile, her expression one of delight.

"Right this way," The hostess replied, ushering us to our table. "Please enjoy your time here at To Haven and feel free to ask for anything you may need."

The hostess smiled before departing shortly after.

As we stepped out onto the veranda, a cool breeze gushed passed us.

Her breath caught. Her brown eyes shot wide, gleamimg as she stared out at the starry night. Her feet were rooted in place.

Fairy lights hung overhead. A sight resembling fireflies abuzz against the backdrop of the still night sky. Like something of a dream. 

Her reception was contagious.

Just like that, I found a new appreciation for this place. It was as though I was taking in the scene  for the first time, through a fresh pair of eyes. Her eyes.

I caressed the length of her arm, entertwining our fingers.

Belle gave my hand a gentle squeeze. Certainly, she was as bewitched by the restaurant as I was, her.

The fact that she couldn't contain her childlike wonder was, in and of itself, one of her most endearing qualities yet.

Her eyes sparkled, her gaze floating over to me as I cupped her left cheek.

"This place ... is-"

"-Beautiful." I supplied. Just then her gaze settled on mine, to find that my focus already on her. She blushed, discerning that I was referring to more than the ambience of the restaurant.

I chuckled, guiding Belle to our table, pulling a chair for her.

Just then a server approached us.