Chapter 2

"What do you think your fear will be?" Uraraka bounced up and down, smiling with such a jittery happiness that it was almost as if she were shining as she talked.

All Might had shrouded the location of the facility in mystery, not explaining anything other than, "You'll see when we get there!" with a wide grin and sparkling thumbs up.

There wasn't any real reason behind it, he just wanted to act cool.

Regardless they all got the gist that the building was located in a different part of campus, so they were able to have a nice little walk before dealing with the quite literal nightmarish training that awaited them.

There wasn't a cloud in the sky.

It was almost eerie, the clear sky without a single spec save the sun.

And the temperature was just right too.

It wasn't so hot that they felt uncomfortably stuffy in their uniforms, but it wasn't so cool that they were shivering and wishing the sun was just a tinsey bit closer.

It was perfect.

The light breeze shook the thin leaves on the trees creating a rustling that, on any other occasion, would have been comforting with the gentle way it surrounded them and cascaded the leaves about like glitter.

But Izuku felt the opposite from the perfect weather.

It felt too perfect.

It was nice in such an unsettling way that it made him feel queasy.

Honestly, he was just being stupid.

This was all probably hisself just projecting his nervousness from not being able to figure out his own fear, but it was still unnerving nonetheless.

Like a stomachache that wouldn't go away.

"You know I don't really know?" He shook his head in frustration.

"Maybe you're afraid of dogs or something?"

"No I don't think so, I mean who can be scared of dogs?" Izuku laughed, a great big smile stuck to his face as if unable to comprehend something so cute being scary.

It was nice that Ochaco was trying to help, even though he was still stuck..

Iida suddenly had a serious frown cross his face and his eyebrows furrowed together making him look almost menacing, "They're vicious animals, they may look cute but at any moment they could turn on you!"

The aura Tenya was emitting was so dark that both Uraraka and Midoriya couldn't help but slow their paces with nervousness showing in their awkward smiles.

"Uhh I'm gonna take it you're not a fan of dogs?"

Iida wheeled on the both of them, boring holes into Izuku with the sheer intensity of his stare, "No. we used them as training. My father would take the scariest, loudest, most furious demon beast he could find and let it chase after me."
"That way I'd have an incentive to run as fast as I could."

For a second he blanked, unable to find a right answer to his friend's sudden revealed hatred.

"Oh that's-" Midoriya paused, not sure how to finish his own sentence, "-That sounds scary," he shrugged his shoulders lamely but it was good enough for Tenya.

If his stupid head wasn't so fried from being tired he'd be able to think of something better to say!

Izuku mentally cursed himself in such an uncharacteristic way that he was surprised by his own grumpy action, even though he was the only one who knew.