Chapter 7

"Um Kacchan what're you doing here?"

Izuku's voice was so sharp they could hear the clear catch in his throat as if he was standing right in front of them as the class quieted.

Even All Might who was mid-step froze for a brief moment, no one knowing what to say but all of them experiencing that utter confusion that plagued them all.

"What- What the fuck!?!!" Bakugo suddenly exploded in confusion, his voice bouncing off the walls almost ringing as he stared at the pitch black window, "I'm right here, what the fuck does he mean!? Hey Deku what the fuck!?!"
He shouted at the screen but the only response they received was the quiet scuffle of what sounded like Izuku shuffling around.

With lightning speed All Might crossed the room and stood in front of the panels. A cold-sweat perspiring on his forehead as his smile was frozen on his face.

"All Might? What's happening?" Uraraka was the closest to him, not counting Denki who was babbling incoherently on the ground, but from her vantage point she could see the quiver of his mouth and the way his eyes seemed to dart around as he moved.

It almost looked as if All Might was scared as he quickly checked everything, murmuring as he turned a useless dial, or pressed a broken button, unable to get a reading on anything.

"Maybe Midoriya thought he saw something? It is fairly dark in there, he could have mistaken an-"

Iida was cut off as All Might gave a back handed gesture to quiet down as he moved the paperweight weighing down the speaker.

"Izuku?" He stated into the microphone as he pressed down the button, "Midoriya, can you hear us? Please say something if you can hear us?"

The squeak of Izuku's shoes and muffled mutterings were more unsettling than the silence that blanked the room.

"He's probably just messing with us!? Hey stupid Deku! Cut it out, fucking just answer already!?!!" Bakugo yelled but again there was no response.

"Settle down Bakugo, this isn't the time for an outburst, All Might's trying think."

"Shut it four eyes! This is fucking Deku, he's fine!"

All Might moved around again, turning dials and buttons before getting closer to the microphone, "Izuku Midoriya, please respond, it's urgent we get your status." He repeated but was met with nothing.

"Can I try something? This stuff's a bit of a specialty," Jirou tapped lightly on his shoulder, looking over with a worried curiosity as their teacher side stepped to allow her full access.

She worked quickly, using her quirk to plug into the speakers directly as she fiddled with some loose wiring that'd been exposed in the explosion.

"Mid-"

Before she could even finish a sentence she jerked away forcefully ripping the connection out, her hands going up to cover her ears as a feedback screamed so loudly the whole room could hear it from her headphones.

"Shit," she whispered the curse as she rubbed at her ears, tears welling in her eyes as a ringing enveloped her hearing, "the whole thing's blown from his side."

They swore they heard All Might himself mutter a curse as he stared into the dark window as if he were staring into space.

"Well what's that mean?"

"We can't get into contact with Izuku? Is he going to be alright!? And what was that with Bakugo being there? The machine isn't on right!?"

Suddenly the thought had quietly creeped into all of their heads, if it wasn't already.