Chapter 3 - Five Years

[ 11/07/16062P.S.D. 28:50 ]

It has been over 5 years since I started working. 2634 days, to be precise. I still remember what happen back then, vividly. It's not so much as 'you will always remember' as it is you can never forget.

I've been working here all day, everyday. It's a real pain, both physically and mentally. He really must have had a lot of patience to deal with the shit that goes on here.

Speaking of him, apparently I've already out lived him. He was mid way through his third year. And these years aren't the same as the one when I was alive.

In this universe, there are 500 days a year with 10 months of 50 days. The word week? Not used anymore, at least to my knowledge. As for time, there are 50 hours in a day. And you thought you had long shift hours.

I'm just glad my body can keep up with the demands of this job. To give an example, fighting the monsters in the Wilderness. I have had many where they appear. And by many, I mean most days have some sort of monster to fight off.

I don't always get away unscathed from these fights. I've lost an arm before! My whole right arm! And I was lucky just to lose that. Any more and I would have leaked too much energy, like what happened before. He was more focused on avoiding his enemies attacks and didn't develope a better healing factor.

Thing with us 'Spirits' is that we adapt a lot quicker and in different ways. We get cut often? We eventually heal quicker. We get into fights often? We gain a tougher vessel. We use up our energy quickly too often? We can generate more energy from our Flame, safely. I don't get why we aren't able to just take up all the energy since he said the credits are a source of infinite power, but I guess we would overload or some bad shit.

Another way we adapt is with abilities. Durring my first fight, I was able to dash arround in quick, straight lines, everytime I put my foot down. This was one of those abilities, [Dash Step].

According to what he said, there is no limit to what kind of ability can be learned and by who.

So far I've learned [Pain Resistance], which does exactly whay it says.

[Sharp Shooter], again no need to explain this one.

[Curved Dash Step], just allows me to curve while doing my Dash Steps.

[Bullet Epicenter], where I dash arround a target in a circle and fire at them as I do it.

[Motor], which makes my body or any part of my body do and action repeatedly and fast. Great in combination with the Ticket Gatling, the actual name of the weaponised ticket machine.

[Split Second Spray], basically I turn any gun into a shot gun by fire firing multiple times in the same direction in less than a second. Don't ask me how the gun is able to function like that, this world just doesn't want to obey anything.

[Omnilingual], allows me to read, hear and understand other laguages. Had this from the start I guess, as do all Spirits.

And finally, [Absolute Honesty]. I never noticed but, since dying, I haven't been able to lie about anything. Of course, if I'm told a lie and I believe it to be true, I can say it anyway, because I'm still being honest. I guess this karma for the guy that lied about his life.

*knock* *knock*

???: "Choro, we're green fer the day."

Time already? Damn, I think my toe needs another couple hours to regrow. Last night was a nightmare.

???: "Choro, get up already. We'll be late."

Choro: "Urg, fine..."

???: "Ya remember what 'appened last time we were late, right? I don't think ya want that 'appenin' again.