Chapter 2 :: Talk

As I sat down beside Kaminari, I was already beginning to get agitated. These idiots just wouldn't stop blabbering. I laid back and held my arms behind my head. I practically sunk into the couch. "Oh, I didn't see ya there. Good morning Bakugou!" Kirishima said as he gestured a friendly smile. His teethy grin made him look pretty goofy. I ignored him and turned my head. Kirishima shrugged and continued to blabber like an idiot. Just as I got comfortable, I felt something warm brush against my forehead. It was a hand? The hand was soft and rather small. The nails were painted light pink and were decorated with small rose details and gemstones. Someone was reaching over to me from the back of the couch. I grabbed the wrist and sat up. "What the hell are you tryna do, RoundFace?" I looked over at the brunette. Her face was bright red as she looked down, embarrassed. "Heh...Heh. Sorry about that... I know you were comfortable but, I just wanted to ask you something." Uraraka muttered as she cupped her hands together. "Make it quick." I said with a scowl. "Could you maybe help me train later? Ya know. You're pretty strong and I thought that maybe you'd be a good teacher?" Uraraka continued to look down and shut her eyes. It looked as though she regret even bothering to talk to me. "Huh?! You seriously expect ME to help YOU!?" The brunette opened her eyes and looked back up at me. "Hmm. I expected as much." She replied as she began to walk away slowly. I laid back down and shut my eyes. I could hear her light footsteps as they became quieter and quieter with each step. Her stride was painfully slow and was starting to get on my nerves. I just wanted her to leave already. It's like she was trying to mess with me. I finally sat up only to find her frozen, looking at her palms. "Hey. What the hell are you doing?" Uraraka looked back at me confused. "Oh. Nothing." She smiled and walked over to the main hallway. She's usually not acting so... Reserved. I couldn't resist the urge to follow her out of curiosity. It was like a broken record of what if's playing in my mind. I loudly knocked on her dorm room door. After a few seconds, which mind you, felt like years, she finally creaked open the door. Her shiny, hazel eyes widened when she saw me. "Uhh. Hello Bakugou? This is kinda unexpected haha." She playfully closed her eyes and smiled. "Did you change your mind yet?" The brunette smirked. I gritted my teeth and turned my head. "You're really fucking persistent ya know, RoundFace." "Oh really? You're the one that followed me to my room." Uraraka responded. My eyes widened as I began to sweat. "OKAY SHUT THE HELL UP DAMMIT! I WAS JUST CURIOUS!" "Curious?" Her eyes were focused on me as she quickly blinked. She looked like a begging puppy. "Nevermind!" I said as I stormed off. I heard her door shut and continued my fast pace. I noticed that the pancake tower was much smaller. There were only two left. I turned my head to see everyone eating a pancake. They were still blabbering like idiots despite their mouths being full. "You're lucky you came back before anyone decided to take seconds, haha." Sato said joyfully as he flopped a soft pancake on a plate and handed it to me. "Anyways, where's Uraraka? I know she wouldn't want to pass up a chocolate chip pancake." I looked over at the last pancake on the tray. "I'll give it to her." Sato looked at me, shocked. It's like he just witnessed a murder or something. His eyes were wide and his eyebrows arched up. After a few seconds, he finally closed his eyes and chuckled. "That was unexpected. Well, I won't stop you." He teased as he scooped up the last pancake and placed it on a plate. I grabbed the plate from his hands aggressively and walked back to her dorm room without saying a word. To think that I'd be the one to serve her goddamn breakfast. Why the hell did I even offer? I made my way down the hall, it was rather quiet and empty. Each and every one of my footsteps was like crashing plates with this silence. I then knocked on Uraraka's door and waited. I heard her walk over to the door, but this time she didn't even open it. "Yes?" I heard a soft and high pitched female voice reply from the other side of the door. "I... Brought you your pancake. Now hurry up and open the damn door so I can leave." There was a short moment of silence when I paused. It was rather... Odd. It felt like a short cut in time, where the world seemed to stop. The door creaked open and... she was there. The brunette's hair was all tangled. Her face was beaming red as it she just finished crying. Her room was a complete mess, with bright, pastel stuffed animals littered across the floor. A single tear rolled down her eye as she sniffled. I didn't even know what to say or do. I've never seen someone so... Pathetic and helpless. Uraraka began to grab the plate and shut the door in my face. Before she could fully close the door, I grabbed onto her free arm and pushed the door open. I began to pull her closer to my face. She looked flustered as her eyes became watery. "I'm not letting you go until you explain just what the hell is happening." Her lips began to crinkle as even more tears fell down her face. The glistening tears were like patterns of lace, as they intertwined and looped. The hand I held became tense and she held it in a tight fist. What the hell am I even doing, I thought to myself. I'm actually... Worried about some random girl.

T O  B E  C O N T I N U E D ...