Chapter 3 :: Candy

"It's just..." Uraraka stopped herself and took a deep breath. "Please come inside. I'll talk to you there." We each placed our plates on her bedside table and chose a spot to sit. She sat down on her messy bed, where her wool blanket had nearly fallen off. I took a seat on a bright pink stool with a soft, white circular rug underneath it.

I began to drag my feet across the fluffy rug as I waited for her to talk. Just as I almost forgot why I was here, she let out a long sigh before stuttering. "I-It's just... I'm sorry I dragged you into this, Bakugou, I really am. I know we don't talk much but I just felt like you would understand... After the Sports Festival, you treated me like a worthy opponent. That really meant a lot to me. I was and still am glad that you actually took me seriously despite us not getting along very well." She paused and looked down to her hands which were pressed against her legs. The rose was wilting, tears wouldn't stop rolling down her face. Her frail body was shaking as if she was trapped in a cold, snowy forest. I slowly looked up at her and frowned. What is this feeling? My heart began to pound as I knew I had to do something. Me? Being an inspiration? It's always been my dream, in fact I'm rather pleased to of helped in some way. I'm always cold and brash, not caring for others, but... This girl... This beautiful rose was one I could inspire. "Is that all?" I said in a calm tone. The timid girl looked up at me, shocked. "Y-yeah..." She looked down and tried to force a slight smile. "I'm sorry for overreacting. I just felt so pathetic... I've been pushing away the chance to even talk to you because of my own silly fears. I'm just disappointed in myself. I was going through some pretty tough times during our fight. You giving your all against me has opened my eyes. You're my hero, ya know..." My eyes widened as I kept my gaze glued to the sorrowful brunette. All this time... Someone has seen me in such a light... I'm someone's hero..? I got up from the stool and walked over towards Uraraka. I reached my arm out to her, and smiled. "You can quit yer cryin' now. No need to look down on yourself anymore." She grabbed onto my hand and pulled me in for a hug. Her arms were tightly holding onto me, filling me with a warm embrace. Her face fell down to my shoulder as she shed more tears. I lifted my hand and placed it gently on her head. "It means a lot to me. Being someone's hero." Uraraka looked up and smiled. Her eyebrows arched up as she began to let go of me. She gestured a thumbs up. "I'm sorry for all the trouble." She said in a soft voice. "It's no big deal. Now, you gonna eat yer pancake or not?" "Oh, yeah!" Her cheeks were rosey as ever and her eyes were sparkling like a starry night. She rubbed away one last tear and arched up to my face on her tippy-toes. Without hesitation, she grew closer to my face and softly kissed my cheek. As she turned back onto her heels, her face turned bright red. I too, began to turn bright red as I was at a loss for words.

"So... Wanna eat together?" She said happily. Her mood changed so fast and abruptly. I was still processing what just happened. "Hello? Earth to Bakugou?" Uraraka teased as she slowly waved her hand in front of my face. "Yeah, sure whatever." I mumbled as I turned my head, still violently blushing. We both walked into her room once again and both sat beside each other on her bed. I took the chance to eye her room. There was a plethora of bright stuffed animals and a bunch of perfume bottles placed on a desk. Everything was rather untidy and unkempt, but in a charming way. There were a few framed photos of the entire class hung up near her desk. The frames were decorated with rhinestones and glitter. I then began to grab my fork and knife to cut my pancake into small pieces. I noticed that Uraraka was already almost done her meal. "You sure eat quick, huh." I teased. "Maybe you just eat slow." She playfully responded as she dwindled her fork between her fingers. When I was finished cutting up the pancake, I grabbed a piece and placed it into my mouth. It was extremely soft and sweet. Though, I expected no less from someone who bakes for a living. I felt Uraraka's hand grab onto mine as I continued to eat. I blushed slightly as I looked her way. She was blushing too. After we both finished eating, I laid back on her bed with my arms crossed behind my neck. She then followed as she also began to lay back. "I never thought I'd actually be laying beside you... But, this feeling. I haven't been this happy in so long." Uraraka said with a smile. I turned my head to look at her and smiled. "You're making this real awkward with your cheesy talk, RoundFace." I said as I poked her cheek. She began to pout as she looked up. "Hmph!" I chuckled at the flustered brunette which made her even more embarrassed. "Look, I'm happy to be here with ya too, okay." I said sternly. "I'm glad the feeling's mutual." Uraraka said as she let out a sigh. She was so enchanting, with her innocent, hazelnut eyes looking up to the ceiling. I couldn't believe how such unfathomable beauty could even exist. I finally leaned in closer to her face and quickly kissed her cheek. "That's payback for earlier." I uttered as I gave her a slight smirk. The rose looked back at me and smiled.

"You're sweet. Sweet like candy."