Love Me Deadly

GENRE: African-American BWWM Romantic Thriller

PAGES: 205 Pages

EXCERPT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

He watched her walk to the kitchen then stood to follow her. Erica was standing in front of the open fridge unaware of his entrance. However, when he locked the door behind him with a loud snap, she turned.

Eyes wide with surprise, she gasped, "Reggie?"

"You've been avoiding me." The words came out more pissed off than he intended.
He didn't miss the flash of guilt in her eyes and the nod of her head even as she stumbled over her words. "No... No. I've... I've been a little busy. You know how work can get. My stock got held up..." Her speech died on her lips as he stalked closer to her until they were toe to toe and her feminine fragrance tickled his nostrils.

In her bare feet, the top of her head barely touched his chin. Intent to be eye-to-eye, he grasped her waist and lifted her. The winding of her arms around his neck was automatic, and she didn't let go even when he set her on the counter.

"You've been avoiding me," he repeated. Her lips parted and her tongue peeked between the plump flesh, tempting him. It took everything in him not to draw his head closer and taste her. He asked, "Why?"

She didn't answer. She met his gaze with an unreadable one of her own even as her thighs tightened around his flanks trapping him between her legs. The heat unfurled in Reggie's body awakening his lust. Unbidden, his hands trailed the length of her spine stopping at her lower back to push her closer to the edge of the counter.

"Why?" he repeated. Despite the jeans between them, the first meeting of their groins was a shock to the system. It sent tremors of lust through his body and right to his cock. Reggie pressed his fast lengthening tool harder against the v between her thighs.
Whimpering low in her throat, Erica closed her eyes and her arms tightened around his neck. She clung to the soft cotton of his t-shirt as she drew their upper bodies closer until her tits grazed the planes of his chest. Reggie couldn't stop the growl of pleasure that rumbled in his chest as his hands eased over her thick thighs.

"Damn." He groaned when Erica set lips to his throat. He'd never known he was sensitive there until she suckled on the skin next to his Adam's apple. It was like throwing gasoline to a crackling bonfire. Reggie gathered her closer as his hands found her ass. When her lips trailed upwards then touched the side of his lips he was gone.

He slanted his lips over hers with unerring desire.
The kiss was heated with molten passion. His desire swelled with each stroke of his tongue against hers and each taste of her lips. The more he kissed her, the more he wanted and the more she gave returning his kiss for his kiss. He loved how unrestrained she was with her passion. Her fingers played a desperate tune on his back and shoulders, digging into his flesh and stoking the flames consuming him.

He hiked her closer and closer to the edge of the counter until there was no space at all between their bodies; breasts hard against chest, tummy against tummy and her pussy nestled hard against his cock. He pressed rhythmically against her; she mimicked his movements meeting each hard press with one of her own.

Her clothes were an inconvenient barrier between them and Reggie eased his hands in the waistband of her jeans. He almost burst a nut when he realized that beyond the thin strip of fabric, running across her waist and dipping between her ass-cheeks, her flesh was his to play with. He was moving his hands to the front of her jeans so he could unzip her pants when she tore her lips away from him.

Her breathing ragged, she cupped her palms over her mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."
Reggie took a deep breath as he sought to steady his rampant pulse. "Don't apologize."
She lowered her hands and her gaze, but not before he noted remorse overshadow the lingering desire in her eyes. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to attack you like that."

"Erica, stop apologizing." He tipped her chin upwards, but she determinedly kept her gaze lowered. Pressing his lips against her forehead, he added, "And I like being attacked."

"You didn't like it last time," she mumbled into her t-shirt.

It was then that it hit him. "That's why you were avoiding me?" She didn't respond. He cupped her chin, tipping her face upwards this time forcing her to meet his stare. When she did the answer was in her eyes. His lips tilted in an amused smile. Erica thought he didn't want her. Ridiculous. He pressed a soft kiss on her lips. "I didn't stop because I don't want you. I stopped because you're not ready, sweetheart."

Her head reared backwards. "What do you mean I'm not ready?" She raised her hand and wiggled her fingers in his face. "See. Not engaged anymore. That means ready."

Reggie had seen the missing ring as soon as he'd walked into the house but that wasn't what he meant. He clarified, "You're not ready for a relationship."

"What does that have to do with anything? I'm not looking for a relationship." Her lips curving into a mischievous smile that stirred his body as she snaked her arms around his neck, she added, "Just a little fun."

"And that's why we can't do this," Reggie said. "I'm not gon be your rebound."
Erica's eyes widened and her mouth opened then snapped shut again. Disappointment clouded her eyes and her shoulders sagged. Letting her arms fall from his body, she nodded. "Okay."

"Okay?" he asked, "That's all you have to say?"

"What do you want me to say?" Her tone was glacial as she shoved him away with her knee on his tummy and hopped off the counter.

Before she could move away, he grabbed her wrist. "So now you're shutting me out because I won't fuck you?"

Ponytail flying as she whipped her head to face him, she snapped, "Reggie what do you want from me?"

"I want you."

The frustration was clear in her voice as she said, "You just said that you didn't want me."

"That's not what I said. I said I don't want to be your rebound," he corrected. "I want you. Badly." He lowered his gaze to his crotch. Despite his jeans, the bulge was as evident as the tension swirling between them. "But I won't have sex with you if I can't have a relationship with you. And you're not there yet."

She didn't refute the statement.

He shrugged. "I'd rather be just friends for now."

For a moment she was silent, her head tilted as she stared at him as if searching for something more in his words. Finally, a small smile creased her face and with a hopeful note in her voice she said, "With benefits?"

Reggie laughed. "No." His laugh got louder when she pouted.

She smacked him on the chest. "I hate you."

"No, you don't." He bent and pressed a kiss to her lips. "I missed talking to you."

"I missed talking to-" her words were interrupted by the violent turn of the doorknob.

------------------------------------------------------------------

GET YOUR COPY TODAY: Scroll down to the comments section. You'll find a comment from me with links to all stores where you can find the book.