Thirty Two

It's seven thirty and I'm literally shaking with excitement. It sucked that I hadn't spent the day with Hal but at the same time I felt so proud of everything I had set up for Hal.

He deserved the best birthday party.

I had started planing this two weeks ago and it makes me feel happy knowing that I achieved everything on the list of things that I needed done. So after hours of cook, decorating and showering and getting ready.

Here I was.

Here I was clad in tight jeans and one of Hal's chiffon shirt with my blue hair curled in a side pattern and curled to the side.

Standing in front of the house as I watched Prez pull up to the front of the driveway. The car hadn't fully stopped when Hal got out and headed right for me, his smile big like he was so fudging happy to see him. And I, him.

I ran up to him, leaping up and wrapping my legs around his waist, my arms around his shoulders.

"Happy birthday, H."

"Thank you, angel." Hal said, still smiling up at me. I let go of his shoulder and cupped his cheeks, closing the distance between our lips as we kissed, I kept my legs tight around his waist, Hal's hands were under my thighs as we kissed, soft yet passionate, tingles everywhere.

We pulled back and all I want to say are those three words. But they can wait for a while.

"Come on, lets go."

I jumped down onto my feet and took Hal's hand in mine, not even let him ask a question as I quickly led him down to the house, I let Hal open the door and immediately he stepped in, Jeff and Dan popped out from behind the couch and I joined them to scream...

"SURPRISE!!"

Hal literally jumped. His jaw was slacked as he looked around the room. Dan was jumping and Jeff was smiling so big.

"Happy birthday." I said again.

"Did you...?" Hal asked gesturing around. The lights, the decorations, the sweet smell of food in the air.

"Surprise!"

I let out a loud squeal as Hal picked me up, spinning me around a bit. I held onto him, laughing like it was the best day of my life.

"Thank you so much angel."

"Anything for you, Hal."

"Alright! Let's go! There are people waiting out back."

"What people?"

"Come on." I took Hal's hand in mine and together we walked towards the back garden. Hal was speechless, he kept opening and closing his mouth but no words were coming out. He did look delighted though and in the best way. When I got the text from Hal saying he was almost home, I turned the music off and told the guest. They waited in the back garden whispering to themselves.

However, when Hal and I walked through, they yelled out...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

The first surprise had been Jeff and Dan in the sitting room illuminated by the green light because those were the people Hal was the closest too. The people in the back garden, however, were acquaintances and friends by association, that's why they came afterwards.

Hal looked even more speechless. I squeezed his hand a bit and couldn't stop looking everywhere and at everything. He turns to me, never letting go of our hands and just kissed me right there and then. In front of everybody.

"You're amazing!"

"Hal..."

"I can't believe you did all this..."