Epilogue

It was last day at the convenience store.

It was my last day and The Darltons had closed its down and had taken myself, Agatha and Andrew to a restaurant not too far from the store.

"No words can explain how proud of you we are, Jesse." Stanley said, raising his glass of Chapman in the air. "You've been with us for three years and they have been wonderful. I have seen you grow and become this beautiful star, always smiling and always bright and now you're going to be an inspiration for others who need help, who get lost and need a little direction. We'll always love you and my husband and I will always bring you some packed food and sauces." Stanley smiled at me.

"To Jesse and his adorable face!" Agatha cheered, raising her glass. Everyone cheered and we clinked our glasses together. I took a sip of my lemonade, giggling at everyone. Charles Darltons reached over and placed his hand on mine. He gives my hand a little squeeze, smiling brightly at me.

I was gonna miss them all.

We had only gotten closer in the past year but they've become very important to me. We stayed at the restaurant for a few hours, smiling, talking and reminiscing about times at the store. I was texting Hal in between, sending him pictures of my food and some selfies of us all.

It was almost one o'clock when Hal walked into the very same restaurant. Since we were seated almost to the back, I could see Hal walk in and also see how everyone seemed to stop and turn to stare.

My boyfriend was looking as gorgeous as always. Today he had let me play dress up with him. He had on a burgundy colored suit with matching pants, white shirt underneath with shiny shoes and his watch, the dog tag necklace I had gotten him around his neck and tucked into his shirt, his dark hair was styled in a side patten.

He had one hand tucked into his pocket and he was smiling right at me. Hal walked over time where I was seated, I got up from my chair and wrapped my arms around him, smiling up at him.

"Lovely, I missed you." Hal said, pressing kiss to my forehead.

"I missed you more, H." I said to him, laughing softly when Hal made a face.

"I don't think so, kitten." Hal said and I feel my cheeks heat up. This time he pressed a kiss to my nose. I loved when he called me that. Every single time he calls me that, there was a swooping feeling in my stomach. I was about to argue when someone cleared their throat.

Oh.

Right.

There were people here. Oh.

Hal took a seat and pulled me into his lap, saying hello to everyone on at the table. They were all staring at us. Not just the Darltons and my co workers but other people.

You would think that after months of seeing us together, they'd get used to Hal and I being all soft and sweet. Instead they act like it's the first time. I could actually feel Agatha trying her best not to squeal and clap while Andrew had a smile on his face, his eyes glued to the collar around my neck.

"Thank you for joining us. We thought you weren't going to make it." Stanley said to Hal.

"My apologies. The meeting ran late and I had a few choice words to say to some employees about wasting my time." Hal said and I hummed.

Hal slid his hand underneath my jumper and pressed his palm on my tummy, the other resting on my thigh.

"I can't relate to be honest. All our employees are wonderful." Charles said, looking at Agatha, Andrew and I.

"I'm gonna miss you all." I said with a pout.

Hal pressed himself closer, his nose buried in my hair. Agatha reached out and I held my free hands out to her, even Andrew joined and aw, my friends.