9: meeting Blake's mom.

A month has passed since the deaths of Tai and Qrow. Toad has finally got over his grief of losing his dad and uncle. He started to train even harder. This worries the rest of his family and his girlfriend Blake, so she decided to take Toad to her homeland of Menagerie.

Toad: so tell me again why are we going to Menagerie?
Blake: so you can take a break from training. You've been running yourself ragged and I'm worried about you. As your girlfriend, it's my job to make sure you're well rested.
Toad: I do all that training so I can protect you and my family Blake. You're not gonna stop me.
Blake: I didn't say you have to stop training. I said you need to slow down. You're obsessed with avenging your dad and uncle. Have you forgotten that the grimm are attracted to negative emotions?
Toad: no I haven't forgotten. I just need to make Salem pay for what she made the grimm did to them.
Blake: Toad, you barely sleep, you hardly ever eat and your grades have been slipping.
Toad: you think Salem cares about grades?! She's out there reeking havoc and nobody's out there stopping her! So it falls to me to pick up the slack!
Blake: and we will. I just said you need to slow down!
Toad: we don't have the luxury to slow down.
Blake: it's not a luxury, it's a necessity.
Toad: the necessity is stopping Salem. (A/n: Remember this scene? Is all of this familiar to you guys? )
Blake: honey just listen to me ok? Like I said we will stop Salem. We just need some rest. And going to Menagerie will help with that.
Toad: fine you win. I can't seem to win an argument with you can I?
Blake: you'll thank me for this later. Because we're already here.
Toad: guess you must've forgotten that I'm a human, not a faunus.
Blake: we can fix that dear. *pulls out a wolf ear headband and wolf tail belt*
Toad: will this really work? I would feel ridiculous wearing those.
Blake: not if they think you're wolf faunus.
Toad: *sighs* I'm starting to think that this is a bad idea.
Blake: I heard that!
Toad: you heard nothing woman!

At the docks of Menagerie.

Toad: holy crap it's crowded!
Blake: don't worry, you get used to it after awhile.
Toad: ok so which one is your house?
Blake: it's that big one over there.
Toad: now I feel like a low class noble.
Blake: you're high class to me darling.

Blake knocks on the door.

????: Blake? Is that you?
Blake: hey mom. It's been awhile. Is dad still around?
????: no he's not. Not since the divorce. Who is that with you?
Blake: this is my boyfriend Toad Rose. Toad, this is my mom Kali Belladonna.
Toad: it's nice to meet you ma'am.
Kali: oh no need to be formal. You can just call me mom.
Toad: I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that.
Kali: I like him.
????: oh! Blake you're back!
Blake: how are you Ilia?
Ilia: who's he?
Blake: this is my boyfriend Toad Rose. He's the one who killed Adam and Sun.
Ilia: about time those two got killed. I never really liked them.
Blake: me neither. I'm glad they're gone.
Kali: Toad, Blake told me you're quite the musician. Can you play something for us?
Toad: sure, I'd be happy to.

Toad grabbed his ocarina and started playing.

Kali: that was beautiful Toad.
Ilia: yeah it was. Can you do another one?
Toad: sure.

Blake: that was so beautiful, I almost cried.
Ilia: who knew you were so talented. That was amazing!
Toad: I actually thought about asking Ozpin if we can have bells that can play music.
Blake: that's a great idea honey.
Ilia: yeah it is. I bet it'll sound great.
Blake: so what're your plans Ilia?
Ilia: I was thinking I could attend Beacon. It'll be a nice change of pace.
Toad: I'm all for it.
Blake: I agree. It'll be nice if we can be in the same classes together.
Ilia: then it's settled. Beacon, here I come!