07

Sparks POV

Today was the day Shakeesha would be coming back into my territory. I felt antsy. I couldn't help feeling a little bit paranoid of what Shakeesha would do. She was going to arrive here a little bit over noon and it was only nine in the morning. Deciding on calling a pack meeting to avoid confusion later on, I sent a quick mental note to everyone.

"Morning pack members. Please avail yourselves at the pack hall by nine thirty. I have something to discuss with you. Everyone should be there, "
I get a thrum of yes' and decide to take a shower. For some reason I felt even more tired.
Doing my every day routine, am out within five minutes I was there. Deciding on a grey suit, I wear it and just ruffle my hair, the curls looking more define even though my hair was short .
I head out and just walk at a leisurely pace. I was sure I looked like crap. The bags under my eyes could fit some couple of pennies if one tried. I can hear the pack members already at the pack hall talking amongst themselves on what I possibly would have wanted to tell them. Taking the back door to the hall, I appear in front of them but they haven't notice me yet. I watch them and suddenly start having doubts. Am I making a mistake by bringing Shakeesha back here? Are they going to be safe? I cast the thought away and remind myself once I get my strength back I would be able to protect them.

"Thankyou for availing yourself on such short notice, " I say. Even though I don't shout, my voice is clearly heard by everyone. They are so quiet you could hear a pin drop.
"I called this meeting to inform you that your Luna will be back in the territory today, " I say and my announcement is met with gasps of disbelief and I think I catch a few terrified glances. Some men growl and sneer and even if I don't want to I find myself growling thunderously. Every neck turns in submission with heads turned down and eyes cast down.
"Remember she is still your Luna, no matter the occurrences of the past. The pack is stronger with a Luna in it. So I ask of you to treat her with respect when she comes, " I say even though I knew my words were going into one ear and out the other. Shakeesha was going to work for her forgiveness
"But Alpha, Luna is a meanie, " a two year old girl with cute pigtails says to me. Her mother looks at me with a terrified look and tries to reprimand her daughter but her daughter just pouts and says, "its true, " I find myself chuckling at her adorableness and her mother relaxes a little.

"I know young pup. But if someone is being a meanie does that mean you be like them?" I ask her softly. She frowns then begrudgingly says, "no, "
"What do you do instead, " I ask her with a smile enjoying her little frown.
"Mamma says you kill them with kindness, " she says but suddenly looks even more confused, "but where do we find this kindness person to kill her?" Then her face turns to mortification,  " mamma isn't killing wrong? Bad mamma, " she says with a her hands on her hip and everyone in the hall cracks up.
"No dear. She meant you treat her with kindness. Killing is bad, " I tell her still recovering from laughing. She had eased the tension in the hall. Her mother was a shade of dark red with embarrassment.

"Okay, " She says showing me her tiny teeth.
"Meeting adjourned but remember a threat to your Luna is a threat to me, " I say seriously. They all bow their heads and then leave. Deciding to go into the pack house to get something to eat I sluggishly go in that direction. The pack is buzzing with life as everyone does what they usually do. The pack warriors are training hard at the training ground. I can hear their grunts and pants. The school is buzzing with the students and teachers. The guards I can feel them in my mind on guard and doing their patrols. The elderly women and men are teaching and telling stories to the pups before they join kindergarten.
I haven't seen my mum around for like two days and I suddenly miss her.
"Ma?" I ask among the throngs of connections in my mind and spot hers. Clinging on to it I call her again.
"Yes baby? Everything alright?" She asks a little bit worried.
"No...I just miss you. I haven't seen you for two days now. Are you okay?" I ask. Entering the packs kitchen. Maria, the head cook sees me and makes me a plate of bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice. Smiling at her as my thanks. I dig in.