Chapter 1

"So, you're going for the dance competition?" Momo asked with a grin, holding her long list of names tightly against her.

Being in a prestigious Talent school, the competition was always ruthless. Some people would do anything to win.

I looked at Jisoo, who was grinning in agreement.

I glanced around the room to get a small glimpse of the competitors and to decide who would be the toughest competition.

Kang Seulgi, they call her the best.

Or perhaps Lee Chaeyeon, the fluid dancer.

And of course, Momo herself. If I do say so myself, Momo is an amazing dancer and nothing can be denied.

How do we have hope?

I glanced at Chaeyoung, Jennie and Jisoo. Chaeyoung was smiling fully, Jennie looked distant and awkward and Jisoo was full-on gossiping with Momo.

Just then, laughter erupted across the practice room. I looked immediately, as if something big had happened.

"Wait, you're telling me--you can't be serious! Hoseok, you're hilarious!" Jongin, or rather, Kai said, choking on his own tears.

"What are you looking at, Pranpriya." Jimin teased, with a nickname my mom called me with once when he came to pick Chaeyoung up from home.

My face flared up and my hands fisted.

"Now, Jimin, don't tease Lisa with that name when she clearly doesn't like it. Go back to your joke or whatever." Chaeyoung scolded, making Jimin roll his eyes at his sister.

"You guys are lucky Jungkook isn't here to tell you guys off." Hoseok looked unbothered even after hearing Namjoon's words.

My face flared after witnessing Jimin's attitude, I was close to snapping.

"Guys, give her a break. Kai, we've signed up and now we're going to go before anything bad happens." Jin said, making the most mature decision.

"Ugh, fine." Jimin said, walking away before everyone. Taehyung glanced at him for a short second before following his suit.

"We apologize, Lisa." Yoongi said, his face as serious as ever. I nodded my head softly, acknowledging his apology.

From the corner of my eye, I spotted Hoseok, who was walking away. Despite being the cause of the chaos, he looked quite unbothered.

My eyes flared up--not visibly I hope. Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi then followed the other guys.

"Ignore him Lisa." Jisoo said calmly, not really caring for the whole scene that just finished.

"But Jisoo! He was annoying the hell out of me--" I started, not being able to contain my hatred towards him.

"Well, you're lucky. I live with that monstrosity." Chaeyoung muttered under her breath, causing me to chuckle mid-sentence.

"You guys are so childish. Okay Momo, we'll get going." Jennie said, before swiftly giving Momo a smile.

Momo nodded before asking the next people to come forward.

"Now, we better grab some lunch if we wanna make it through math." Chaeyoung said, clutching her stomach as if she hadn't munched down that sandwich a few minutes ago.

Ring Ring!

"Aw man!"

***

"Lisa, do you understand any of these?" Chaeyoung whispered to me, I shook my head honestly.

I hated learning new topics at school, mainly because they were boring. No, I'm not saying that my maths teacher usually got corrected by the students and so he's terrible, but it's just that I can't freaking concentrate!

"Chaeyoung, let's meet at the library later--"

"Stop right there, young lady!" Mr. Lee said, turning his head from the board the first time in the whole time they had been in class.

I knew I was in trouble, I knew--

"I'm sorry Mr. Lee." I apologized embarrassed.

"Detention for half-an-hour."

"wait no! Mr. Lee you can't do this!" I pleaded, basically getting down on my knees.

I'd do anything to get out of detention.

He was in detention. By he I mean Park Jimin himself. He didn't buy his way out of it, I'm surprised.

"Sorry, Lisa. I'll lose my position otherwise." I sighed before sitting back on my chair.

"I'm sorry!" Chaeyoung wrote on her book and showed me, but of course me being the good friend I am, shrugged it off.

I was already geared to go to hell anyway--a pack of chips, some water, a book for entertainment, what more do I need?

I was still determined to hit the library. If not for the minor inconvenience that is detention and Jimin, I would've easily made my way there by now.

I already thought about how terrible this was going to be.

After class, I saw Jisoo who was standing outside. I grinned at her, suddenly forgetting all about detention.

"Lisa has detention." Chaeyoung informed Jisoo, almost immediately bringing back my eternal misery.

"Did you have to remind me!" I whined, lightly hitting her in the arm.

"Well, she'd find out sooner or later. Besides, detention with Jimin isn't that bad because Jimin isn't really a bad guy. You'll get to know, he's annoying sometimes, but he's actually really caring."

"Words of inspiration." I rolled my eyes, Jisoo lightly hit me on the arm as if to say grow up.

"When will you two end your ever-lasting feud?" Jisoo demanded, causing me to look away "What we're having is a feud? I think it's more of a disagreement"

"Sure, you keep thinking that." Jennie said, coming right at that moment. For a minute, I was confused. Where did Jennie come from?

"Besides, Jin says he's a pretty nice guy, so did Chaeyoung." Jisoo said, looking at Chaeyoung sideways, who in turn nodded.

"Oh please, Jimin and nice are antonyms." I said, folding my hands stubbornly. I didn't care if I was being petty at that moment.

"Yeah whatever, let's just get to drama class." Jennie said, leading us all to the only class we all had in common. Everybody, but they were separated in groups, much like us.

"I heard, there's going to be a play! I hope it's not Romeo and Juliet though. That tradition is so old, if it was milk it would've been cheese by now." Jisoo said, groaning loudly at the tradition.

"Where's the science in that?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"Nevermind that, the point is that it's old okay?"

I rolled my eyes with a small smile. Classic Jisoo.

***