Prologue Ch7: A Dragon's Pride

A volley of Flamethrower and Dragonbreath attacks engulf the road near the front gate of LilyCove City. Civilians run and scream for cover. The festive morning atmosphere turned chaotic as fear and panic permeated the air. Policemen run about to guide the panicking civilians to safety while calling out their respective Pokémon partners of Growlith, Arcanine, Electrike, Manectric standing tall and resolute. Other officers call out their Magnemite and Magneton which then hover above them as their magnetic tips are charging with electricity.

Two opposing pseudo-legendary final evolution dragon type Pokémon from different regions launch breath attacks at one another to deal vicious blows. The wild Salamence rushes forward to land a Dragon Claw on the Hydreigon's torso. However, the attack of the red blue dragon was caught by Hydreigon's head-shaped hands as it bombarded it with a close range Tri-Attack.

A large explosion of energy and smoke covers the air as the Salamence lands on the street with a massive thud creating a small crater

A large explosion of energy and smoke covers the air as the Salamence lands on the street with a massive thud creating a small crater. The cyan blue dragon shakes off the debris and dust as it looks up with visible fury. Salamence leaps up into the air and rushes towards the three-headed dragon with a Dragon Claw which lands for super effective damage. Hydreigon snarls with pain then locks onto the arms of its foe's with two smaller heads that are on the tips of the arms.

The wild cyan blue dragon with red wings tries to get away as the three-headed brute fires a close range Dragonbreath. A large blight of royal blue highlighted with neon violet energy explodes in midair making everyone cover their ears. The flying dragon that received the Dragonbreath attack is hit with the ailment of paralysis. Seeing this chance, the officers and cadets on standby ordered their Pokémon to unleash their barrage of special attacks consisting of Thundershock, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower.

The volley of attacks made their mark but it wasn't enough to drive off the now angry Salamence glaring at their position. Before it executes its retaliation, a powerful Tri-Attack rushes through the smoke cloud and lands on the group of the defending Pokémon. Some of them were sent flying in different directions while the stronger ones stood their ground. Hydreigon emerges from the cloud of smoke with eyes glowing red as it snarls disdainfully at the defenders.

Twin police officers order their Arcanine to perform a double Extremespeed combo attack on the pair of flying dragons but at the moment of impact, Salamence and Hydreigon face them head on with a Double-Edge and Dragon Rush. Unfortunately, the difference in power is too much for the twin Arcanines as they're sent back flying. Just as the fire dogs were about to recover their battle position in midair, the two dragons zoom forward with menacing speed as they use their own Crunch attacks.

The twin officers watch in horror as their fire dog partners are being held high up in the air and being mauled viciously. Then, the two dragons let go of their beaten foes as they simultaneously unleash a Dragonbreath on the falling Arcanine pair. Just before the combined dragon type attack makes contact, the attack stops as it makes a curve to turn back to its users. The pair of dragons dodge in the nick of time before turning around to look down at a pair of human kids. All of a sudden, both of them were pulled out of the sky and landed on the ground with a massive thud.