• 2 - Your New Best Friend Spinel •

(G/N) stepped off the Warp Pad and into the decaying Garden. She looked around in awe and appreciation of the beautiful designs in this abandoned paradise.

As she wandered, (G/N) spotted a path lined with pillars. It was a grassy and mossy area with a covered path that led up to a Communicator, something mainly used by the Diamonds to keep in contact with gems on missions. This one most likely belonged to Pink Diamond.
(G/N) frowned. This assignment was supposed to be exciting to a gem like her, but it made her sorrowful that her Diamond was gone.
One day (G/N) was happily working for Pink Diamond, and the next she was suddenly forced into a bubble for thousands of years after the Shattering.

(G/N) walked along the moss covered path as she sighed and stared at the cracks and holes on the ground. The gem looked up at just the right moment; just as she was about to crash into another gem.

Wait...

Another gem?

(G/N) was supposed to be the only gem working here. Maybe it was a statute?
The pink gem placed a hand on the apparent statue; but it didn't feel like stone. She felt unnerved. An unmoving and silent gem just standing in what was supposed to be an abandoned place definitely spooked (G/N).
She slowly creeped around the gem to look at her face.

It was another pink gem. Did she also previously work for Pink Diamond? (G/N) studied her form. The gem in front of her had pink hair that was in messy heart buns that looked like they were coming undone. Her gem was a shining pink heart on her chest that matched her pink skin, shoes, gloves, and shorts. She wore a white shirt with poofy shoulders. Her eyes were closed. What could she be thinking about?

(G/N) reached out a hand and placed it on the gem's arm, trying to get her attention. She tried say say hello as well, but it came out almost silent.
The gem's eyes flew open in surprise.
"Hello?!" She looked around, maybe for someone, until eventually her eyes landed on (G/N).
She stared for a few seconds before speaking.
"Oh! Hi! Who are you? What are you doing here?" She asked curiously.
(G/N) was silent for a few seconds and was taken back. Seeing someone go from so still and silent to excited and lively so quickly surprised (G/N).
"I-I'm (G/N). And I guess I'm sort of new, I've never been here before. I haven't been anywhere in a while, I've been bubbled for years."
Wow, great answer, (G/N). That was bearly related to her question! She thought.
The innocent gem frowned. (G/N) was about to continue when Spinel spoke again.
"Why? Did ya do somethin' bad?"
"No," (G/N) thought for a moment, "I don't actually know why..."
"Oh. Well, you're not alone in a bubble any more; you've got a new best friend!"
"A new best friend..?"
"Sure! Me; you're new friend, Spinel!" Spinel cheered. (G/N) giggled at Spinel as she performed a small dance for her new friend.
"Speaking of alone," (G/N) began, "Have you been here all by yourself?"
"For a while, yeah, I guess," Spinel said after thinking. "But I won't be for long! I was told to stay here by Pink Diamond until she gets back! Although, she has been a while..."
(G/N)'s eyes widened.
"Pink... Diamond..?"
"Mhm! That's what I was doing when you found me; I was counting! I'm not sure what game she's playing but it might have something to do with counting!"
"Game..?" (G/N) asked again. Didn't Spinel know of the tragedy? Of the war?
"Yup! I'm Pink's best friend and this Garden is where we played all of our games!" Spinel gestured to the Garden.
"It didn't ways look this.. run down, though. I guess that's why you're here; to fix it! To make it better for Pink coming back!" She smiled and cheered hopefully.

(G/N) frowned. Spinel was so adorable and happy, she couldn't imagine her being sad at all. She decided to let Spinel keep her happy personality for a while longer and tell her later on. Was it a good idea? Probably not. But (G/N) continued on.

"Y-yep!" (G/N) lied. "I'm here to fix this place up for Pink D-Diamond! You know, make it shiny and new again..."
Spinel grinned and wrapped her arms around (G/N) multiple times.
"Amazing!! Thank you! This place will be just as beautiful and fun as when Pink left! I'm so excited!" Spinel giggled as (G/N) frowned. She knew lies were bad, but she wanted to protect Spinel's innocent and happy heart.

Hours went by as (G/N) and Spinel chatted, mainly Spinel talking about Pink. Spinel made (G/N) so happy with fun entertainment like juggling, dancing and playing games. (G/N) had forgotten about all of her sadness for a short while and just learned to have fun with her new friend.
Unfortunately, she also forgot about her work.

When it finally popped back into her mind, (G/N) realised that she had to fetch the technology to plan out her construction. She hesitated to tell Spinel, especially after she'd been left alone for all this time.
Spinel noticed that her friend was zoning out and waved her arms around.
"(G/N)? (G/N)! Are you okay?"

(G/N) snapped out of her trance.
"H-huh..? Oh! Yeah, I'm alright..."
"Are you sure? You seemed kind of distracted." Spinel stared at (G/N) while scratching her chin in curiosity.
"Everything's fine, I was just thinking."
"Ooh! About what? Which trick I should do next? Or-"
"Spinel!" (G/N) cut her off. She hesitated to tell Spinel the truth, she felt bad about leaving her alone again.
As negative thoughts flooded her mind, (G/N) eventually spat out what was going on.
"I... I have to go for a while. Just to get the tools for my work, I promise I'll be back!"
Spinel's smile faded as her face dropped sadly.
"Oh... That's okay! I-I know that you have work to do." Her voice trailed off sadly. The once happy gem stared at her new friend with hope, badly hiding her her sadness.
(G/N) smiled at the toon fondly.

"Don't worry, Spinel. I promise I'll be back soon. I know that's what Pink said and she's... Been a while, but, I won't be that long!" (G/N) grinned eagerly at Spinel, trying to cheer her up. It seemed to work, at least a bit.
"Alright," she began, "I'll wait here for you." It pained her to say it again; what if (G/N) was like Pink and didn't come back for years? Was Pink ever going to come back?

An idea popped into (G/N)'s head.
"Hold on..." She said as she ran up to the Communicator, grabbed and took it back down. Spinel stared in confusion as (G/N) clicked and pressed buttons, getting to a certain setting.
"Here!" She said, handing to Communicator to Spinel.
"This Communicator is a Diamond's, so it has multiple settings and uses. This setting is for drawing and you can use it while I'm gone!"
Spinel stared at the technology in her hand.
"It's... It's so cool! Thanks a bunch, (G/N)!" She grinned and cheered happily, wrapping her stretched arms around (G/N).
"I know exactly what I'll draw."

(G/N) stood on the Warp Pad while staring down at Spinel. She stared back with the Communicator in hand, giving a little wave.
"See you soon." She said quietly, smiling sadly but hopefully.
(G/N) smiled and waved back reassuringly.
"I'll be back, I'll see you soon."

The light appeared as (G/N) faded away into the Warp current.

×

Sorry for not mentioning it, but for anyone curious (G/N) means your gem name! <3