1 | Meeting Him

Nikolai Belinski

Since Nazi Germany attacked Russia, finally tethering their alliance, the US sent aid down to their newest recruit to the Allies

Since Nazi Germany attacked Russia, finally tethering their alliance, the US sent aid down to their newest recruit to the Allies. Among the resources sent, the Allies had sent forth a couple of medical agents to assist those that took the most damage from the betrayal, and within those ranks was a young woman dressed in a nurse gown and wrapped in a warm faux coat given by her deceased fiancé for their fifth anniversary.

It was a horrible sight, the trucks slowed down in a burnt down village, there were Russian soldiers solemnly trudging along the snow as they surveyed their lost homes and family. Your Commanding Officer ordered your group towards a large tent, a field Hospital, where you and eleven Ally nurses would tend to the injured. There were men and women of all ages, many were bleeding to death, others had third degree burns on more than half of their bodies, there were no idle hands for the next couple of hours. "Y/n, could you see to that guy at the back, I don't think he's been seen to yet." A friend of yours managed to tell you as she dashed across the room with her arms full with a white plastic tray full of stitching devices. You hesitantly made your way towards the back slightly annoyed of the never-ending pile of work. As you get closer to the man you noticed he was slouched over, his head resting on his hands, in front of him was the body of a woman whose face had been disfigured by fire, but from the parts untouched by flames you could tell that the woman was astoundingly beautiful with smooth and clear pale skin and long curly blonde hair, what was also clear to you was that this woman had long passed and that this man was mourning her death. Nevertheless, you gently placed your index and middle finger against her neck to check for pulse, the lack of any beating confirmed your observations. "You do not need to tell me. I already know." The man said with a strong Russian accent, he did not look up though you know he had let out enough tears to last many lifetimes. "I'm sorry" you said in an attempt to comfort him.

"Why are you sorry? You did not kill her, you are innocent." He looked up at you and by the holy heavens this man was handsome, you felt your heart skip a beat as you stare into his piercing blue eyes, and perfect tight jaw. The man was rocking a handlebar and chin puff beard, you had never thought you'd find any man with such facial hair attractive yet here you were burning up. "I...don't know, I'm not really sure what to say in these situations." You looked down trying to hide the clear pink tint across your frosted cheeks.

"My apologies for any offense I made, I don't really understand American terms. I am Nikolai Belinski." He held out a gloved hand for you as a sign of good will.

"Y/n, Y/n l/n. I wish we had met under better circumstances." You accepted his gesture and couldn't help but think that things are about to get interesting.

Tank Dempsey