4 | When he gets accused of being a traitor

Nikolai Belinski

Nikolai was on his way to pick you up from work when he was stopped by a couple of Russian soldiers, the three of them spoke in their native tongue

Nikolai: Good evening officers, how may I help you?

Soldier 1: Sergeant Nikolai Belinski, we have been ordered to take you in for questioning.

Nikolai: What for?!

Soldier 2: We have received disturbing intel about the last siege.

Nikolai: You think I had something to do with the destruction of MY village, the death of MY wife!

Soldier 1: Sir, we've just been ordered to bring you in for questioning, you may take up your complaints to the seniors.

As you left the tent you noticed two soldiers leading Nikolai into a truck, you rushed over and asked where he was being taken to; the soldiers merely asked you to step back, Nikolai assured you that everything was fine and he'd be back in time for dinner.

Nikolai looked at the simple round clock that decorated the room, 11:30, he was growing restless, he wanted to spend time with you but now he worried that you were still up waiting for him. "Sergeant Belinski, we'll ask you once again, what do you know of the attack." Nikolai looked up, rage clearly etched on his face as his own people accuse him of destroying everything he's ever loved.

Meanwhile, after waiting for hours you decided to call up some people to find out where they had taken your man. Thankfully, one of your co-workers was actually dating one of the soldiers who took him away, you got the address and made your way towards the facility. On your way there you began to have second thoughts, what can a foreign nurse like you do?

"Maybe locking you up overnight will refresh some memories" the interrogation room door slammed shut as the Captain made his way back home. However, on his way back he noticed a young woman waiting out in the blizzard and commanded a couple of his Officers to take you in. After some questioning they informed the Captain of your background and your business, he pondered for a bit then decided to use you to get the information he needed out of Nikolai. "You are here for Sergeant Nikolai Belinski?" the Captain approached you.

"Yes sir."

"Well Sergeant Nikolai is in big trouble at the moment, and if you want to help him then I suggest you get him to speak truthfully."

"What did he do sir?"

"He's currently under arrest for leaking information to the enemy forces which resulted in the attack here."

You looked at the Captain in disbelief but said nothing, you don't believe Nikolai would ever do such a thing...but how well did you really know the man? The Captain led you to the room where the Sergeant was being kept, he told you to wait before disappearing inside.