bet

I laid on my bed with my phone in my hand. Typed out on my phone already was a paragraph to that violent Katsuki kid. My thumb hovered over the send button, maybe I shouldn't interact with him outside of school. After all, he does scare me and it's not like I'm terrible at math. We haven't even done anything in math, Mr. Ectoplasm just told us to introduce ourselves to each other and write down what we don't want to do in class. I wrote down that I didn't want to get called on too much as I don't like talking to people very much.

I sighed and shook my head. It's not like be knows where I live and besides, he's not that scary. He's like a Pomeranian, I like Pomeranians. That thought kept me calm but I still wasn't going to- I looked down at my phone and saw what I had dreaded. I accidentally sent the message. My eyes widened as I threw my phone on the other side of my bed.

After a minute I heard my phone ding.  My heartfelt like it was going to burst out of my chest. My hands shook as I picked up my phone again. Took you long enough dumbass, was all that he wrote.

I huffed as I texted back that's not very nice. In return, he sent me the mocking Spongebob meme. Was he really this childish?

I would appreciate it if you didn't belittle me so much, after all, I could easily beat you in a fight. I found a bit of courage after he sent that. But that all went down the drain when he texted back one word: bet.

I screamed in terror. I scurried over to the opposite corner of my bed and covered myself with my blanket. My mom came rushing in with a juice pack in her hand. "Aw baby, why did you scream?" She said as she sat next to me.

"Well mom," I said with a fearful but sarcastic tone, "it's defiantly not because I did something stupid that I'll regret in the morning." I heard my mom tsked as she grabbed my phone and read the messages.

"Well honey, I didn't raise a chicken," she said with a go lucky tone, "and besides," she continued, "your quirk is literally scented brainwash, there's no way you can lose."

"His quirk is Explosion-"

"That might be an issue." She said quickly. "But, I'm pretty sure that will be a minor issue!" She encouraged. I'm pretty sure she just told me that so that I would stop crying.

I couldn't sleep that night, something about experiencing him using his quirk on me again really scared me. It didn't even hurt that bad but it was loud. Loud noises scare me sometimes.

By the time I got to school, I was practically shaking. My mom shooed me out of the car, wished me luck for my fight and drove off. I took in a deep breath and walked into school.

"Oi! Bastard!" I heard his voice shout out to me. I sighed and turned around quickly to face him. "Hello Katsuki," I said quietly, "umm... Lovely weather we're having today." I said this despite the sky being a bit grey.

"Cut the crap, where's all that confidence from yesterday?" He said getting close to me, his smile was sadistic. I pulled down on the sleeve of my blazer. My fight or flight reaction was overwhelming as I grew more and more frightened.

"Oh, that text! Yeah, that was actually my dog," I said hoping he would take the bait. "Do you take me for some kind of idiot?" He questioned as he backed me up to a wall. "w-well I don't expect a brute like you to be the brightest crayon in the box..." as I realized what I said I immediately regretted it. His face fell in confusion and then into anger. 

"YOU BASTARD!!" he yelled in my face. Tears started to well up in my eyes as I ducked down to cover my ears. He's so loud and overwhelming and-

"Leave her alone Kacchan!" I looked over to where the voice was coming from. It was the green-headed boy who broke his finger yesterday. "Stay out of this Deku!" Katsuki yelled at him, I saw Deku ready to approach us but I got up. I have to stand my ground, I can't rely on others like they're going to protect me like my mom. There's a reason why she sent me to this school rather than train me on her own as she did throughout elementary and middle school. She sees greatness in me.

I grabbed Katsuki's face and punched him in the gut making him fall to his knees out of shock. "For someone who wants to be better than All Might," I started, "you sure know how to treat the innocent." 

I walked over to Midoriya, shook his hand and ran into class. I sunk into my seat and kept my head down. I'll thank Midoriya later for at least trying to stand up for me, but I can't be a hero like that. 

One by one the students came in, I didn't engage in any conversations but instead fiddled with my tie. Maybe I should use a bowtie rather than the standard Windsor tie that was recommended. Right before class started Bakugo walked in and sat down in his seat. I was scared sure but I didn't cower, instead, I looked at him and smiled a small smile. He just rolled his eyes as we waited for our teacher to start teaching. 

I heard a rumor that All Might was teaching us today and that rang true when he entered the room all heroically. If only I was as confident as him when it came to standing up to people. 

"ALL OF YOU CHANGE INTO YOUR HERO COSTUME!" All Might exclaimed which startled me. I grabbed my hero costume and rushed into the locker room. Although it's great for my hero work I was quite embarrassed by what my costume was. It's practically lingerie, but it's functional. It consisted of white lingerie with a lacy design, red high topped converse, a white cropped jacket, a bow and a couple of arrows. It's a close replica of my mom's first hero costume but hers was a lot more revealing. I adjusted the straps of the lingerie as I stood behind mostly everyone. The only person I couldn't get behind was Bakugo who stood next to me, I felt so embarrassed but then I remembered that I needed to be revealed so that I can use my quirk more efficiently. 

All Might told us to pick letters out of a hat, to determine who'd we be partnered with. Before I could even try to find the person with the same letter as my letter Katsuki snatched it from my grasp, "I'm not partnering with you." he said in a dead-serious tone. I rolled my eyes and said nothing. Although I wasn't thrilled about it I didn't say anything. I knew he wasn't getting his way so what's the point on trying to stop him?

I can't believe I thought he was handsome.