old men

y/n's p.o.v

most people have parents and I'm quite fortunate to have my mom but there was always something lingering in my mind that I was always too afraid to bring up with my mom. 

I was always afraid to bring up my dad with my mom as the last time I asked she said, "dead to me and very dead to you," in a very aggressive manner. it wasn't strange to see my mom upset about a guy, I remember several nights in my childhood where my mom would sit me in her lap as she ate ice cream and watched rom-coms as she cried while muttering that men aren't shit.

it didn't feel strange that I didn't have a dad until Katsuki asked me while we were walking to class together, "when do I get to meet your old man?"

"I don't just keep old men, Katsuki," I said with a confused tilt of my head. "you're such a fucking idiot, your dad. when do I get to meet him?" he said with an exasperated sigh. "I don't have one," I replied sheepishly, it was embarrassing that I didn't know what he meant by 'old man' as I'm pretty sure everyone else would have known that he was talking about a dad.

"what do you mean you don't have one?"

"well he's 'dead to me' so I never met him, I'm pretty sure he's very alive though if that's what you're wondering," I remarked as he stopped me in the middle of the hall. "how the fuck do you of all people not know who your dad is?" he poked my chest with his free hand, the other was holding my hand as he insisted on not losing me in crowds.

"I don't follow," I said, genuinely confused about what the hell he was talking about, loads of kids don't have a dad.

"The media has been in your ass for the past 15 years and none of them say anything about your dad?" he said as he raised his voice. "don't yell at me. also all the articles are about me, not our potentially dark family history," I verified, "like last week they wrote an article titled 'y/n is holding WHO'S hand?' and the article was just about us going to the arcade and how I looked like Guy Fieri."

"you did look like Guy Fieri," Katsuki mumbled. "I think I looked great and most of our friends agreed," I defended. 

"Shitty hair wears fucking crocs, are you taking compliments from a guy who wears fucking crocs??" 

"I like crocs and Kiri wasn't the only one to say I look good," I said with a smile, "besides, I'm telling him that you said he was your friend!"

"do that and I will not walk with you for the next week," he said with a growl. "that's a lie, ever since I kissed you in the arcade you've been completely smitten with me. you love me with a capital L," I teased, his face flushed red with embarrassment as he told me to shut up.

"the k in Katsuki stands for kisses which is what you want," I continued to joke. "BULLSHIT! IF ANYTHING YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME!" he yelled, garnering the attention of other students in the hall. "will me telling you making you feel better?" I cooed flirtatiously. he froze for a second before mumbling something incoherently.

"back to my dad, do you want me to find him?" I asked, going back to the nearly forgotten topic that had led us down this path.

"How the fuck did we go from your dad to me loving you?" he retorted. his eyes widen at what he just said. "You loooove me, you can't deny it, you angry hedgehog~" I teased with a wide smile plastered on my face.  Katsuki yelled at me to shut up which only fueled my laughter. "it's okay, I love you too, no matter how much I tease you about it," I said after I was done laughing.

after that, I started a real campaign to find my dad. which proved to be very difficult as I look a lot like my mom, I have my mom's quirk, and when I found my birth certificate all it said was "a bitch" which doesn't narrow it down much. 

I decide to ask Todoroki about it as he has known me the longest because our parents wanted us to be friends. "Roki!" I cried out for him as he was down the hall.

"I thought I told you not to call me that L/n," he said as I approached him. 

"you act as if I listen, I need your help though."

"what is it? You feel overwhelmed by your bodyguard?"

"what? no, Hayao is great, he's super chill."

"I meant the loud and brash one," Todoroki clarified. "Katsuki isn't my bodyguard, he's my boyf," I said with a small smile.

 "you're weird, you know that?" 

"and you have daddy issues," I pointed out, "which is why I needed to talk to you! I'm on a quest to find my dad and I thought the perfect place to would be with your dad."

"you think my dad was unloyal and abusive? also if I am related to you I would kill myself, my dad's already enough of an embarrassment," he said which I think was a bit harsh. "how am I an embarrassment?" I shrieked.

"did you not see yourself with the Guy Fieri outfit?" he said as we left school grounds. Katsuki was going to do a bit of extra training with Kiri so I wasn't worried about Katsuki feeling replaced. he's very dramatic about those things. "the media liked it," I mumbled as we head towards Todoroki's house.

"so what makes you think my shitty old man is also yours? no offense but you're nothing like any of my siblings," Todoroki started. "not even like the dead one?" I remarked which I instantly felt bad about as it was a bit insensitive but Roki let out a slight chuckle.

"if you were dead that would help me a lot," he teased back. "ah yes but who would supply you with tweets at 3 in the morning," I said with a quick finger gun. 

"you know what? that's fair, I have 150,000 followers on Twitter and it's all because of your dumbass," he remarked as if he made a grand discovery. "see, you're welcome."

we got to his house which was a bad idea as paparazzi follow me everywhere and now they knew where Todoroki lived. 

"ah! Y/n, it's so nice of you to visit!" Fuyumi greeted me. "it's my favorite Todoroki!" I exclaimed excitedly. "I'm literally right here."

"and I metaphorically don't care, Roki," I replied. "you guys used to be such good friends, what happened?" Fuyumi asked she sounded a bit worried. "we are friends but if I show any sign of liking someone the press will take it as I'm in a relationship with them," I explained.

"And you know I would date an inbred like y/n," Roki piped in. 

"This is why you're my fourth favorite."