Safety - 1 (Seán)

Category: Teacher Jacksepticeye X Friend Reader

Title: 'Safety' - PART ONE

Warnings: Unedited

Requested by: Anonymous

Enjoy!

I looked up from my desk to see a familiar face wander into my classroom.

"Is this Mr McLoughlin's...?" She stopped herself as we made eye contact.

"Seán?"

"Y/n."

"Oh my gosh, are you Mr McLoughlin?" She asked, surprise in her voice and across her face.

"I am indeed," I confirmed with a nod, unable to get the smile to leave my face at her presence.

"I'm in your nine o'clock lesson!" She exclaimed, instantly causing all of my excitement to drain.

She's my student now?

"Wow! How have you been, Seán? Well, I guess I should call you Mr McLoughlin, now," she giggled, her smile widening.

My smile returned as I responded, "I'm doing well. Well enough, anyway. How has high school treated you?"

She answered me with a huff and a roll of her eyes before setting down her bag in the front seat.

"You know, high school, I suppose. Not too terribly, but not great. I'm just excited to finally be in college and actually chasing my dreams," she answered, taking a seat at the front and pulling out her supplies.

"I get it. So, how's Franny doing?" I asked politely, leaning against my large desk and playing with my blue ink pen.

"Oh, mom? She's doing alright. Probably freaking out right now about me being so far from home, but I got a great scholarship and I couldn't pass it up," she answered, her eyes sparkling with genuine excitement.

Suddenly, a blonde girl rushed into the room, her makeup holding up despite the sweat dripping down her neck.

"Y/n! How dare you leave me to go flirt with your teacher!" The blonde shouted, obviously joking around with Y/n.

Y/n let out a loud laugh, shaking her head as she responded, "No! Mr McLoughlin used to babysit me when I was in middle school!"

My heart picked up at her calling me Mr McLoughlin.

The blonde sent me a distressed smile and a small wave as she caught her breath, muttering a breathy "sorry."

Finally, class starts, and with Y/n and her friend sitting in the front seats, I start teaching.

I introduce myself, a couple hobbies, and have the students ask questions while I hand out the syllabus.

Much to my disappointment, Y/n had nothing to ask.

Suddenly, one girl pipes up, "Mr McLoughlin, do you have a girlfriend?"

I choked on my own saliva for a moment in surprise as I turned to her wide-eyed.

It was the blonde girl that was friends with Y/n. Jasmine, I think her name was. Y/n had her head tucked down, acting as if she hadn't heard her friend.

Clearing my throat and ignoring my own flushed cheeks, I responded, "No, I do not, Ms Dusk."

"But you're so young for a teacher!" She replied, slight surprise on her face.

"And that means I have to be in a relationship? I'm quite fine as I am, thank you," I teased with a chuckle.

She pressed her lips together, nodding and turning back around to face her desk.

With a small smile, I finished passing out the syllabus. I had them take a little bit of notes before dismissing class early.

Once most of the class had left, Y/n stepped up to my desk.

"I'm sorry about Jaz, she tends to forget people have boundaries," she laughed nervously.

"It was fine, Y/n. I don't mind answering any questions, personal or not. Now, maybe if they started asking about my sex life, that'd be too much, but it was an innocent question, I'm sure. I don't think you would hang around a bad crowd."

She laughed at my joke, smiling up at me.

"You know you have to prove me right, now. Make sure you hang out with the right people. I know college is difficult, but don't let it drag you down. Anytime you need help, come to me."

And she did. Most days she would come to my classroom after her classes so that I could help her study. She was always apologizing for taking up so much of my time, but I never minded it. She was a brilliant student and great company.

It was just a shame she had to be my student.

She had gotten so much more beautiful as she had grown up.

In middle school, she was this chubby little girl that knew nothing of the world, who just liked to play online and study.

And now, she's this intelligent, beautiful woman. She managed to organize partying and studying and she was working through college like it was a breeze. Before we knew it, it was halfway through the semester.

"Hey, Mr McLoughlin, a student is throwing this end-of-term party, and there are a bunch of students and teachers going. Are you going?" Y/n asked after our study session, holding her bag-s strap over her shoulder.

"We'll see. Where is it?" I asked.

"At the little club down by that diner nearby," she responded casually.

My eyes widened, surprised, as I questioned, "Y/n, are you even old enough to drink?"

She bit her lip in silence. Finally, she spoke up after I sent her a stern glance.

"Well, you don't have to be twenty-one to get in. It is just a place to go dance, no strippers or anything crazy. It just also has alcohol and they card you at the bar," she responded casually, not making eye contact with me.

"Y/n, have you been there before?" I asked, even more shocked.

"Well..." she trailed off, biting her lip again.

The action made my heart speed up.

I crossed my arms, giving her another stern look.

Finally, she met my eyes, bashfully replying, "Only a few times."

I sighed, letting my arms hang by my sides once more.

"Y/n," I started in a fatherly voice.

"Don't get that tone with me, you aren't my father," she whined, turning away.

"I know, Y/n, but I care about you. I just want to keep you safe," I told her truthfully, laying a hand on her shoulder.

She tensed up, but ignored me.

"Y/n, come on. I'll take you home. And I'll think about coming to the party."

She turned to me, smiling brightly, speaking, "Really?"

I laughed with a roll of my eyes.

"Yes, really. I'll think about it."

"Thank you!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You won't regret it! I promise it'll be fun!"

I pulled her arms off, chuckling as I looked down at her soft, excited face. How could I say no?