Loop (Dark)

Category: Yandere Darkiplier X Reader

Title: 'Loop'

Warnings: Unedited, gore

Requested by: Anonymous

Enjoy!

The streets were quiet on my walk home.

The whole town, it seemed, was dead and empty. It was nothing but the skeleton of a lively town at night, bare of any of the people bustling about in the mornings and afternoons.

It seemed the whole world disappeared at nighttime.

In fact, many locals had warned me of being out late at night. I had first thought that there was a curfew, but after asking about, the town had no known curfew. However, everyone was behind closed doors by 10 PM.

Stepping on the wet cobblestone, I walked peacefully, absorbed in the scene of the moon glistening across the wet puddles left by the day's rain.

And then- there it was.

Footsteps behind me.

I stopped.

They stopped.

I turned around to find no one there.

Turning back, I still found no signs of life.

I started walking again. And there it was again.

The footsteps that followed me.

I stopped, gripping my bag in my fist.

"Show yourself. I know you're there."

And instead of looking like a fool on an empty street, I heard a deep chuckle from a little ways away.

I turned to the chuckle to find a shadow standing under a streetlight, only his silhouette being visible.

"I'm surprised you confronted me so quickly. Especially when I've been watching you for weeks now. I figure the locals have already warned you of what happens when you're out on the streets at night. And yet you still walk the streets without fear," he monologued, his voice raspy and dark.

"The locals have only told me not to be out late, they never told me what would happen. Is this how I find out?" I queried, standing still as I looked at his dark shape.

"No," he answered me, and was gone within a flash.

I turned around and continued my way home without footsteps.

It had been two weeks since the odd encounter and the footsteps had returned every night after.

However, instead of feeling unsafe or threatened, the footsteps made me feel secure; looked after.

I was once again walking at night.

And suddenly, I was slammed into a brick wall with a knife pressed against my side.

"Give me all your cash and jewelry or I'll shove this knife into your rib ca-" before he could finish the not-so-thinly veiled threat, the thug was ripped away from me, a dark, broad-shouldered man holding him up by his throat.

He threw the thug into the ground, leaving him to catch his breath before scurrying off in fear.

I gazed at the man in front of me, taking in his chiseled jawline, his gorgeous refined features, and those soft-looking lips.

"Thank you. But... who are you?"

He rose a brow with a smirk, responding, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

It took me a moment to place the voice, but finally, I grasped it.

"You're the footsteps," I blurted.

He grinned, "So you remember me."

"Of course. Would you remember the voice of the person following you for weeks on end?" I asked rhetorically, crossing my arms.

He chuckled, eyes looking me over. "Point taken."

He straightened his dark gray suit, approaching me with a distinguished aura.

I felt as if I were playing with fire. If he got too close, I was going to be burned.

I flinched as he stepped up to me.

"You shouldn't be on the streets alone at night. It's dangerous."

Before I could respond, he disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

And once more I continued my walk home without footsteps. But this time, with many questions to accompany the silence.

Something about him was clearly dangerous. But I was so curious about him that I couldn't help myself.

Which meant I once again found myself walking alone at night.

"You know, I would like to think that eventually you will learn your lesson, but I don't believe you will."

I stopped, standing still as he approached.

"You keep coming back. Every time. Every day. What a fun way to play."

He left me with those words, letting my mind turn them over a thousand times in misunderstanding.

I limped the streets once more.

I had a deep cut in my leg. I had been attacked a few nights ago by a thief at night. I could hardly remember the event, but that did not deter me.

I limped along slightly, holding the still-healing wound.

"Why look. A bunny, wandering into enemy territory."

I struggled along on my walk home once more. My stomach had a variety of cuts. I had been attacked again a week ago. My leg still struggled to heal. I had small cuts on my face from another attack a night ago or so.

I had a deep wound in my right arm. Despite the doctors' urges, I continued working. And I continued walking alone at night.

"What a pathetic little human. Always coming back."

I could feel him grip my left arm, pulling me to him as he grabbed my throat with his other hand.

I was taken by surprise. He had never touched me before.

He sunk his nails into my neck, clawing at the skin angrily.

I let out a scream in surprise, fear, and pain.

His other hand started to claw into my arm, releasing my arm to clutch my thigh, sharp, inhuman nails now digging inches deep into my flesh.

I scream harshly until my throat hurt too badly.

Dropping me on the ground, he chuckled.

"Relax. I will alter your memory, send you to the hospital, and you will be back tomorrow, little bunny," he whispered, laying a kiss on me cheek.

The reality of my wounds that I had thought were from thieves hit me like a truck as my body crashed helplessly into the road, cringing at the cold wet gravel.

I twitched in pain, neatly unable to move.

And then, everything went black as I heard him mutter, "See you tomorrow, clueless little bunny."